summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, January 29, 2020

long time no see...

We used to say that back when I was growing up, back when dinosaurs roamed and our phones had short cords and rotary dials.

Life is interesting, and as much as I'd like to pour my heart out on my blog, it's not always my story to tell, so sometimes you all get the whitewashed version. So don't read my blog and wonder why you have more trials than I do. It's not always sunny in my life, but God is good. "Therefore we do not lose heart. For though our outward man is perishing, yet the inward man is being renewed day by day, for our light affliction, which is but for a moment, is working for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory..."(2 For 4:16-17)

The things that happen to us in life are not by accident, and when we trust God, these things are for our good.

All is well, I've been busy. Lydia was here the other night, then Anne yesterday, then Margaret and Adrian came for dinner and Wulf stayed here with Grandpa and I while they went to a youth meeting.

He liked playing with the doctor kit.
This pic is one Margaret took...


He kept us hopping. He is a busy boy, but his attention span is increasing, and he listens really well if you tell him to stay out of the DVDs. Grandpa got out his headlamp flashlight, and put it on Wulf, the little guy was so pleased he was prancing and laughing his head off, moving his head as he figured out how to shine the light. They had to go down the dark hall to play, it was quite adorable. They played ball too. Wulf is not a whiner, he is a happy little guy.

So So guess what? I am going to Hawaii. Seriously. Can you believe it? The plans for the trip to Mexico fell apart, and I don't want to get into details about that, but now I am going to Hawaii, to Kauai I think, with Aaron and Riley. The plans are taking shape. I do have two new bathing suits to wear!

Life is interesting. Anne is coming today, and tonight is my swim class. This weekend is a girls' weekend for me, staying at our friend's place on Seneca Lake, a beautiful place with a beautiful view, near some wineries....




3 comments:

Marilyn said...

Della you will love Kauai! It is so pretty. Gets showers frequently......just little showers......and then sunshine 🌞🌞🌞 There are chickens everywhere and roosters crowing!! Someone said the chickens all got loose in a hurricane years ago and just run all over the place.....even the beach in places. I was there about 20 years ago, so I’m sure it has changed since then. It’s called the Garden Island. When are you going? Little Wulf is just a darling, isn’t he? Such a cutie pie. So now I have to go and brush my 2 dogs teeth ready to go do our volunteer shift at the hospital...............🙄 Hudson just sits here, open his mouth to have it done. Bindi sits there ok, but keeps pushing the brush away with her tongue...........then I brush their coats. They seem to be shedding again because the weather has warmed up a bit. Such hairy beasts , but we love them to bits, hair and all! Have a super day!!

Marilyn from Canada

16 blessings'mom said...

Marilyn, we are going to Maui, change of plans. But apparently it's relatively easy to hop to the other islands on small planes, so we just might! There are so many things to do there, waterfalls and volcanoes and caves and beaches and the pool and hot tub, of course. Warmth and sunshine, yahoo!!!!

Billie Jo said...

OHHHH!
Sounds like a wonderful trip!!!
Exciting!