summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, January 3, 2020

...time marches on...




Not too long ago, nine children got on the bus here in the morning (a few years we did have ten...)


Aaron, Joseph, and Mirielle were in nursing school that fall. Joseph only stayed one semester, it wasn't his thing. Mali was also in nursing school, Emily was already a nurse, working in the hospital. Abigail was in college for accounting.


Our camping trips were a blast, and the little girls just beautiful.


Mr. Handsome, and me.


...when Benjamin got back from Afghanistan.


Me with Kathryn, Evelyn, Suzanne, and little baby Sonja K. Margaret wasn't in the pic, but she wasn't in kindergarten yet. I had five under school age home that year. (the next year, Marge went to kindergarten, and that's when we had little baby Robert, stillborn, on the day of kindergarten graduation) (then we were blessed the next year with Jonathan, Charlotte two years later, and Miss Camille Anaya a year and a half after that)


Joseph and Aaron, and a sweet note from Jonathan.

Today, Miss Sonja K. and I headed to the store. I wanted to check some things out at Kohl's. I had looked online, and they had some really marked down dresses, it's the time of year to buy last year's summer stuff. I don't NEED new clothes for Mexico, but yes, of course I do! I didn't want to spend $75 to get free shipping, and I didn't want to pay $8.99 for shipping, and the clearance stuff wouldn't qualify for free store pick up. So, we went to Kohl's. I got one dress for $4.40, one for $5, and one for $10, plus a skirt for $7.20, a pair of Nike shorts for $6, and another pair for $3. Sonja found Birkenstock soft bed sandals for $27, they must've been an online return, and Adidas sneakers, marked from $64 to $12.99. So it was a worthwhile trip.

Tonight, Benjamin and Ashley are coming for dinner, and Lydia is coming to spend the night. Tomorrow, Margaret is coming over with Wulf, because there is a college basketball game...Adrian is working, so is Paul, as well as some of the other kids. I will be here with Jon, Char, Cam, and...Margaret and Wulf, and Lydia.

I didn't go on my walk today, but I did my push-ups, some weight lifting, ten pounds weights, but still. I also stayed on course, with no sugar, ect., because...I haven't eaten anything yet today, except heavy cream in my afternoon coffee. Sonja K. and I decided to stop at Starbucks.

Dinner: steak on the grill, chicken that has been marinating in lemon juice and Montreal seasoning, on the grill, roasted cauliflower, potatoes, sweet potatoes, carrots...crescent rolls, and applesauce.

So, since the cook is ME, I had better get moving.

5 comments:

Billie Jo said...

Time does indeed march on, darn it.
I enjoyed looking back with you, as I am fairly new to your blog.
Your dinner sounds delicious.
I made a quick pot of pork fried rice with leftovers, and after all was said and done, I ended up eating a bowl of Special K cereal for dinner!
Have a cozy day tomorrow!

Linda said...

You are so lucky and blessed to have had 16 kids, smiles. Wishing you a great day, smiles.

Marilyn said...

Hi Della 🤗 I just LOVE the note from Jonathan......that is really precious. All your photos are lovely........how they have all grown. Della you must have been so busy back in the day when they were all little, but look how great they have all turned out. You must be so proud of them all. Now you have all these lovely grandchildren. I saw a sign once that said ‘If I’d have known how much fun grandchildren are, I would have had them first’ 🤣🤣 You sure got some great deals.....wow....My daughter and husband and friends are going to Mexico too, but not till April. Celebrating her 50th birthday.....she’s my baby. Where are you going in Mexico? This is a good time to go.......get away from winter for a bit. Well you have a great day!!

Marilyn from Canada

16 blessings'mom said...

Jonathan is STILL a sweetie pie. He held down the fort here for a few hours this afternoon, watched little Wulf, who is not quite two, and Miss Char and Miss Cam, so Margaret and I could go out and about for a bit.
We're going to Cancun, to an all inclusive, of course right on the beach:).
Yes, the grandchildren are amazing. They really are.
And, yes, I WAS busy back in the day, and I do not let one minute of relaxation go by without thoroughly enjoying it, still.

Marilyn said...

My daughter is going to that area too. They fly into Cancun. It is beautiful .......

Marilyn from Canada