summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, January 25, 2020

cookies, glasses, and snow! oh my!







And Sunny!


Cookies, just because. I didn't eat any, not even a bite of dough. But I think I did have too much dinner. It was bone in chicken breast, marinated in lime juice, pepper, Montreal chicken seasoning...roasted in the oven with strips of bacon over it. Roasted potatoes, carrots, and broccoli, too. Then some peanut butter for dessert. It WAS my only meal of the day.

Glasses. They are bifocals! I am old! They don't work right, ha. I need to get used to them. They SHOULD solve my Where Are My Glasses dilemma, but what fun would that be? I have a pair here and a pair there and a pair everywhere.

Snow, after the rain showers today, we got more snow. It was falling down in beautiful thick flakes, like living in a snow globe. I did go out and shovel a little bit, after picking Paul up at the airport.

Jonathan had a few friends over tonight, so I made them some French fries. They ran around playing with light sabers, then played video games. The girls are all gone to their girls' weekend.

The dogs are snoring, and Paul is watching Civil War documentaries, blah. I am no history buff, I guess. Horrible things happened, Atlanta was burned to the ground. That is just unspeakably over-the-top, mean.

Ah well. It's been a quiet day...

9 comments:

Carol said...

I have bi focals as well and they are not bad once you get used to them. That being said, it can take awhile to feel as though they work right and I am still at a battle with them as I am at the computer.

Linda said...

I wear bi focals, just pay attention when your walking downstairs, just saying ((grin)). Umm...I am a history major, (more laughter and grin)--drives me nuts when I hear folks don't like history. My young mentee said that to me once and I said, "I am a history major, you know that, rightttttttt?" I'm sure math/science folks feel the same way when I say I hate math/science.

ANYWAYS--all in jest, smiles. Have a great upcoming week.

Billie Jo said...

Love the glasses!
I have progressive lenses!
3!!!!
Have a cozy day, my friend!

Rose Sperlonga said...

I have bifocals... LOVE THEM!! I would never go back to two pair of glasses. And they don't have the dreaded line in the middle of them which is great! You'll love them once you get used to them! :)

Marilyn said...

Hi Della! Your glasses look lovely and you’ll get used to them. Like everything new. I got new ones too and they are a different shape to the ones I had and look different too...plus the new prescription makes a difference. I really like them though. I’m making garlic, lemon shrimp for our supper......so yummy and easy. I watch for the nice big frozen shrimp tp go on sale and stock up. I made pickled eggs the other day....my husband’s mother’s recipe......been around for ever! I’m just eating one πŸ˜‰Those cookies look heavenly! You are so good to be able to resist.........such willpower. We are off to the off leash dog park with our two labbies.....it’s -2C and the sun is shining. It’s good to be alive. Have a lovely day 🌞🌞

Marilyn from Canada

Cheryl said...

The glasses look great, at least!! It was a Snow Globe here yesterday, too!! We went to IKEA! And today, after the meeting, we went to the local, very expensive Foodland.. which made me think of you and your travels! $3.63 for a tomato!! If I could have avoided embarrassing my travel guides, I would have said no thanks, keep it! Anyway, I'm in a similar boat as you were back in December.. only I'm traveling by car, and I told the border agent that I only had enough medicine packed to last me 9 days.. so hopefully baby comes soon!! Take care and keep in touch!!

16 blessings'mom said...

Linda, I don't really hate history, I just don't care for the blow by blow battle recreations, and hearing about the women and children who suffered... I actually love Gettysburg, and I love war museums. I just don't like hearing the battle strategies and the nitty gritty of the wars, so much suffering. My son Samuel is a total World War II geek, one of my other boys actually used to call him, "World War II". He is in college and wanted to be a history teacher, but has changed his mind and is in HVAC. He is like a history encyclopedia though, if he learned it, he knows it.
Cheryl, have fun up there in Canada, and prayers for a good birth for Audrey and Brett!!! IKEA, no fairsies!
Marilyn, I hope I get used to them. It's nice to make a yummy supper, and the cookies...I just don't eat them. I know I'd be a goner if I took a bite. And yay for the dog park with the labs, I bet they think it's their birthday!
Rose, I do love that mine don't have the line, but it's so hard to see my computer with them!
BillieJo, Thank you!
Carol, I am not giving up yet! I hope to get used to them!

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

Thanks for stopping over for a visit, Della. I have enjoyed coming over to your blog and reading through some of your posts. I come from a family of seven children and my husband and I have 5 but 16...bravo to you! What fun.I am so happy for you and your pending trip to Mexico. Sounds like you could really use the break :) So sorry you missed the birth of your grand while in Salem. We took a trip to Maui in December (just hubby and I) and had a wonderful time. I am originally from Southern California so the week of sunshine was most welcomed!Good job on your weight loss journey (as they say slow and steady wins the race) Stop by any time...♥

Anonymous said...

I love your glasses! You didn’t eat one cookie good for you! I wish I had your willpower! You are doing so well! You are an inspiration to me! Everyday I try to just eat one meal a day like you, but the struggle is real!
Blessings from Orlando
Darla