summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, January 20, 2020

January chill....


Our church meeting was cancelled this morning, due to snow plowing issues. So basically, I got up and took a shower for nothing, ha. I would have slept in though. I did not end up taking the midnight trip to the airport, Evelyn's flight was delayed a few times, she ended up getting in at almost three a.m. Emily went to pick her up for me, because she said it wasn't a big deal, she could nap beforehand, then go back to sleep when she got back...whereas I would be awake for hours.


A beautiful little Ophelia visited us today with her mommy and daddy and big sister Lydia.

We had:

I knew it was a good idea to buy a few extra turkeys when they were like seven dollars, back in November. It was thawing in the refrigerator since yesterday, still pretty frozen, but guess what? You CAN cook a frozen turkey! Even the FDA says you can safely cook when it's frozen. It's like the tummy sleeping recommendation for infants, changing to back-to-sleep, totally changed, ha.

So turkey went into oven at 11:45 am, and we ate dinner at seven o'clock, p.m.

We had seven baked potatoes, 8 baked dinner rolls, some corn, olives, celery sticks, cranberry sauce, black olives, turkey and gravy, and stuffing. Then, pumpkin pie, Keto cheesecake with blueberries (no one ate this but me), brownies with Reeses' peanut butter chips, homemade peanut butter frosting, drizzled with melted chocolate frosting and sprinkles.

(I only had the Keto cheesecake).

So we had a cozy dinner, Lydia ran around happily. She played hide and seek, and dollhouse. She gave me a few cuddles, but she was very busy playing with Evelyn, Sonja, Charlotte Claire, Camille, Danielle, and Jonathan.

It was very snowy out. Mali and Josh probably wouldn't have come if they actually realized how bad the roads were. I am glad they did visit, and glad they made it home safely, if not stressfully...the latch for the hood gave them trouble, so they had to drive home slowly, with Ophelia screaming all the way...

Tomorrow we have plans which the kids are not thrilled about. We are cleaning out a huge room, a storage space. Christmas stuff, camping stuff, the air conditioners, tools, sleeping bags, eat...it gets all organized, then next thing you know, it's a mixed up mess again. So tomorrow, we are tackling it. I am not thrilled about it either, but I do like the finished result. I am not an organized person, but I DO adore organized spaces. I love them. I like to dream that someday, I'll be organized. I AM in the process of whittling down, getting rid of, and fine-tuning our belongings.

It does feel good to throw things away, and to pack them up for the thrift store. At the same time, I don't always want to, but I try to do it anyway.

I hope the roads are better tomorrow. We have to go the dump, the thrift store (to drop stuff off, not get more stuff!), and maybe return some cans and bottles...goodnight1

3 comments:

Linda M Conley said...

Cold and snowy here in Hornell as well...more like, yikes its cold out (-2). Thank you for sharing your family, smiles.

Have a great day, friend.

Billie Jo said...

Good morning!
Your meal sounds, and looks delicious!
Our store had a buy one get one free sale on roasting chickens, and I was going to freeze one, but then I thought I would give it to Madison as she and Nicolas just moved into their first home. : )
Good luck organizing!
You should have seen me yesterday!
I was in the zone!
Our lower level was a HOT MESS!
Christmas still out, Madison and Nicolas' room empty...sort of...dust bunnies everywhere!
I worked all afternoon, sorting, bagging, purging.
I had a lot of help with lugging and vacuuming.
Of course today I can barely move, but it was worth it! LOL
Have a wonderful day!

Hena Tayeb said...

I am in a constant declutter and get rid of things mode.. unfortunately everything is not mine and I have to convince the family to get on board the lets get ride of things train.