summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Sunday, July 14, 2024

Miss Sonja Kathleen...
Kathryn...
Emily
Grace, Em, Sonja, Evelyn, Kathryn
Seneca Lake...

We did stop for a swim, deliciously refreshing.


Emily, Evelyn, Sonja, Grace (my sister's oldest grandchild), Kathryn, me


 We had the nicest of days!  We sipped (I totally only mini-sipped, just got the tastes, but oh how amazing those wines!  

I was a bit tired from getting up at 4 a.m. to bring Paul to the airport.  I did love watching the sun come up while driving down the Thruway, but oh dear, four is a bit early.  So, even though I had a double espresso in the car, I came home, and climbed back in my comfy bed.  Ahhh, so nice.  I even fall back to sleep after a bit.  

When I got home last evening, after driving to town to pick up two slices of pizza for Char and Cam, and some wings for all of us, we made a lasagna.  I browned up hot sausage and ground beef, we added crushed tomatoes and a jar of Wegmans basil pasta sauce.  Cam added the eggs and salt and pepper to the ricotta, we layered the noodles with that and grated mozzarella.  Char picked some fresh basil, we ripped that up and added it.  The top was sprinkled with parmesan and Romano, then some garlic, Italian seasoning, pepper...covered with a piece of parchment then wrapped in foil, and into the refrigerator overnight.  The no-cook noodle way is the best.  (I put extra water in the sauce, so it doesn't get dry.). (I also made a very small pan of no-cheese stuff for Emily, she can't tolerate dairy.).  

The girls wanted to watch some episodes of a show, and eat lasagna today.  It's 92 degrees out and very humid, but why not turn on the oven?  It's actually a pleasant 81 in here right now, not too bad.  

I'm enjoying my summer.  Bare feet, cold seltzers in my straw cup, watering the flowers and puttering around.  I'm ready for an afternoon coffee right now, and the girls just came in from out and about...so off I go, have a really good day!

1 comment:

Mari said...

I love the pictures - looks like a wonderful time with some wonderful people!