summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, July 12, 2024

um, 59?


 For a girl who clearly remembers being a kid, sitting on the edge of the road (in our neighborhood, we always sat in the road...our road had 11 houses, and very little traffic...it was where the big jumpope and kickball games were, hopscotch and bike races.)..but we were sitting there figuring out how old we would be in the year 2000, which seemed like an unfathomable number as it was.  The year 2000!  Impossible.  35!  WE'LL BE 35!!!  We laughed ourselves silly, WE couldn't EVER be THAT old! 

Oh we didn't know anything.  35, that's nothing.

My birthday started out fun, when I scanned my card at the gym, it triggered the birthday song by The Beatles to play, startled me. :). In the pool, I told the ladies I wouldn't make it to breakfast, our monthly outing, because I was going out to lunch, and I couldn't do both...Kathryn came over, took me to pick up the expensive coffee beans I ordered from a little local place up near the prison...then we went to Wegmans.   You can see from the picture that Achilles, Jamie, and Rhys love the car-car carts.

I wanted to get some things to make a lasagna, as Charlotte and Camille and I were talking about how good it sounded...I got some seltzer, and some cherries.  Then to Starbucks for my free birthday drink, which was awful, (iced Blonde Roast Americano with heavy cream, usually so good!).  Kathryn is nice, so she brought me to a little local place for a really really good coffee.  :)

Then, birthday wings!  There's a little diner a few towns over, free birthday wings, one a year, capping at fifty.  Kathryn got a burger, Cam some tenders, the kids wanted hot dogs...and we got wings.  25 Sweet Bourbon, and 25 Buffalo....mmmm.

Then, home...ahh, home.  Kathryn brought me a beautiful hanging basket of flowers, and some bakery cookies,  (cookies were tasted and sampled, then the dog finished them when we weren't looking, dang, there goes her diet...but she did save mine!)

Molly and Josh came over with Miss Lydia, Miss Ophelia, and little Mr. Denzel.  I cannot believe I didn't get any pictures of them!  We went for a swim in the rain, but got out in a hurry when we heard thunder rumbling.  Earlier, some bad storms moved through, several tornadoes too, around the area.  We just got heavy rain and wind, thunder and lightening.  

Yesterday I watched my granddaughter Elise for a few hours.  Kathryn needed diapers and a few other things, so we decided to go with her to Target. I have some good pictures, but my computer is not behaving these days.  The battery has stopped working, so I couldn't get to turn on yesterday.  I finally got it on, have to keep the cord plugged in to use it.  I'll be ordering a new battery one of these days...but now it won't upload photos...ugh.  

This fine morning, I went to the pool, then headed to BJ's all by myself.  I had a ten dollar reward that had to be used by today, and we needed cream for the coffee.  I also got some summery seltzer, a package of pepperoni, blueberry muffins for the girls, and some 2Good yogurt.  (Not getting paid to say they ARE good, very low sugar Greek yogurt...) The guy ahead of me in line was having trouble with his credit card, it wasn't his fault or the bank's fault, it was the store's fault, he declared.  He used a few choice words here and there, then while turning around to sit back in his motorized wheelchair, he said a phrase that included God-damn-it.  He looked at me, put his hand over his mouth, and apologized.  Ha, I have my hair up, and was wearing a black print dress...I must look like a Christian today.  :). I should have said, "Don't apologize to me, you have someone much much more important to put things right with..."

Home....ahh, home.  I need to vacuum, I did some laundry, and there are dishes in the sink.  It's a beautiful day, very quiet here though.  I might do some work, get all hot, then take a swim.  It's only 77 in here right now, so nice.  I had a hard time getting up this morning, as one black Labrador had a rough night.  She had her surgery yesterday, then whined and whined during the night.  I brought her into our room, she usually just sleeps out here no problem.  She panted awhile, then fell asleep 'til five...whining again, so I brought her outside.   I actually fell back to sleep after that!  

Tomorrow, I'm driving Paul to the airport, we have to leave by 4:15 a.m.  He's going to Budapest Hungary, and I was momentarily thinking he was going to Romania, but that's Bucharest.  

Later,  I get to be the DD for a little wine tour....the gorgeous Finger Lakes Wine region, here we come!  90 degrees and sunny...we're bringing out swimsuits!  

5 comments:

Mari said...

I remember thinking that I would turn 40 in 2000, so old and it was so far away. And here I am at 63! Hard to believe...
Have fun on your wine tour!

Terri D said...

Happy, happy!! Old is just a number!! LOL

Billie Jo said...

Happy and Blessed birthday to a beautiful woman who inspires me every time I visit!

Chris said...

Happy Birthday, when I was still a teenager I thought 25 was old and here I am 81!

Marilyn said...

Hi there Della!

You’ve had a lovely couple of days I think πŸ₯°πŸ₯° I hope your wine tour was fun! They usually have little snacks too so that’s always good too.

Kathryn’s little crew are so adorable πŸ₯° and growing fast…….too fast eh?

Something funny………..I didn’t realize how many crumbs are on my floor!! When I had dogs there weren’t any πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Have a lovely day Della 😊

Marilyn