summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, July 15, 2024

what in the heck?!

Without using swear words, it's hard to convey the shock about Mr. Trump suffering an assassination attempt.  There are questions....how did the sniper get there unnoticed?  When people in the crowd noticed him, did it actually take a while before he was stopped?  

No matter if you lean towards Sleepy Joe, you have to admit, that picture of The Donald with his fist in the air was awe inspiring.  What a man, considering what he had just gone through. Of course it's tragic, and I'm praying for the families of the other victims, and for that matter, the family of the shooter, they must be heartbroken.  

I wonder if this event will be a turning point in the political divide, or the meanness will start right back up again.  On Facebook, one lady wrote already on Sunday morning:  "If only y'all cared as much about a classroom of third graders as much as an ear."  I'm assuming she meant conservatives or Republicans are the y'all.  Can you imagine?  Insinuating that anyone, on either side, would not care about a school shooting?  Seriously?  And to refer to an assassination attempt as "an ear."  harrumph.  I was so very tempted to write something back, but if you cannot say something nice, don't say anything at all, right?  I used to tell myself when dealing with my teenagers, do not engage, walk away.  But jeepers, at least wait a few days before starting in!

I don't like to get political on the blog.  But this country has suffered in the last four years...the whole pulling out of Afghanistan and leaving behind all those soldiers, all that equipment, a fiasco.  The border crisis, the vaccine mandates, the lying and covering up, the media censorship...(Karine tried to tell us a few weeks ago that Joe is fine, it's just camera tricks!  The laptop!)

The author of The Hillbilly Elegy is the pick for V.P., don't know much about him but that he was in Iraq as a Marine.  We'll see.  

A bit ago, someone asked me how I could support Trump, as a Christian.  Well, I believe that he truly cares about this country.  I don't think any politicians have sterling characters, except for maybe Ben Carson, he's a sweetheart.  But I think he's a much better pick for our country....although, I do like a lot of things about RFK Jr., especially on vaccines and mandates!  

That's it for politics.  This fine morning, I went to my swim class, then home....and to Costco with Sonja and Camille.  We got paper towels, coffee cream, chicken, a chicken (for $4.99, you have to get one!), some bagels, a bag of Hershey's chocolate nuggets, and some bread.  Then home...ahh, home....put things away, girls got lunch, and off we went to the back yard, and into the nice warm pool.   It's almost too warm, but so lovely.  

We were thinking to go off and do something else, but decided we all have things to do here.  I did laundry, vacuumed, straightened up and put things away, and now, back in the old comfy chair.  Paul called from Budapest today.  He said it's 95 there, but he's a mile from the Danube and has been able to walk down there a few times.  Absence makes the heart grow fonder, so it's good he left for a bit because I was getting sick of him.  Just kidding.  But it is nice to miss him.  And shh, I do love having the bed all to myself, reading into the night, not having to take off all the throw pillows.  

Ah well....have a good evening...!

2 comments:

Dawn Marie said...

I have to say, I'm glad to see another blogger posting about this. I think people want to be careful to stay clear of anything controversial, but what happened is so important to talk about. The corruption in this country HAS to be talked about. We can't run and hide from it. So, thanks for speaking up. All I can think right now is knowing it could have been worse for him and I'm so grateful it wasn't. There's no reason for that level of hate. I blame the mainstream media for making this man into something he really is not. With my husband on the school board it's very similar for him and it's scary to watch.

Anonymous said...

So much corruption in our country and now Biden stepping down. It had to happen but the way it happened has me wondering who is running this country.
Praying for our election… I am a Trump girl as I believe he truly cares about the average American and wants to make our country strong, safe and great again. We will see what happens but it looks as if we need it buckle up for a wild ride ahead.

How exciting to have a wedding coming up…but it will be an adjustment for everyone. I have had a few marry and leave, takes time to settle into a new routine.

Have a great evening
Judy