summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, May 23, 2008

ben's in the ditch, come quick!

First of all, here is Abigail outside by the lilac bush with Jon.....what a nice day! Here is what happened: Ben left for work, delivering pizzas, with Abigail's car...because his car bit the dust. As he got in the car, Abigail said she had a feeling something bad was going to happen to him, so she started praying for God to watch over him, and for God to help her not to worry....she watched him drive away, and he drove right into the ditch!! She came running into the house, yelling. I was taking cookies out of the oven, and I ran out there with the potholder in my hand, and I actually said a bad word. "Is he okay?" I yelled that a few times too. I am so calm....Here is daddy to the rescue with the truck, and Sam checking it out, and Champ-the-dog..
I asked Ben if I could put this on the blog, and he said okay....he was crying....I mean, oh man, his sister's car! He was apparently buckling his seatbelt, and swerved....

See, he ran over a sign post, you can see it holding the back of the car up....


I wondered what the other side of the car was going to look like....



The trusty truck, hooking up the tow rope...




And out of the ditch !





Benjamin was relieved that the car was fine....just some grass, mud, sticks underneath...



Here is Jonathan explaining what happened...







He was pretty overwhelmed by it all...





Here is the car again....you can see the post that was stuck under the car....did he run it over?









So, Ben, drive slower, buckle before you touch that gas pedal....you gave me some gray hair today, Mr....and poor Abigail....she was flipping out...I really really hope this taught you something. I hope you are as extra careful from now on as I exhort you to be each and everytime you leave this house.....And Ben: you are lucky - lucky that her car is fine, and lucky that your parents are so patient and forgiving, and that dad was home today!!!





No comments: