summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Sunday, May 11, 2008

today is Charlotte Claire's birthday, 2 years old

Here is the two year old, taking a nice bite of her cake, while Evelyn Joy laughs. The birthday girl was so delighted with her cake and candles, we sang Happy Birthday to her 3 times. Each time she blew out the candles before the song was done, and clapped her hands....
Here she is again....

Yum! I wish we had a picture of all the other kids watching Charlotte Claire take this bite. Home-made chocolate cake.... don't worry, there was another cake, too. But we also ate this one. We don't shy away from Charlotte Claire germs...



Eveyln poses with Charlotte Claire. She had to have a bath after dinner.



These pictures of Charlotte Claire when she broke her leg were on Abigail's camera, so I put on up....


Two years ago yesterday, it was a Wednesday. I picked Emily up from her last day of year one of nursing school, and we headed to my parents' house for a visit. It was a beautiful day, and we talked with them outside for a few hours. Then we did major grocery shopping. We got home pretty late....but I didn't sleep that night, because I was scheduled to be induced the next day....so, the next morning, up to the hospital we went. Emily went with Paul and I. We were in the birthing room, and my labor moved along pretty quickly. Then, near the end, her heartrate was dropping during contractions. When she was born, she was rushed over to the basinette for oxygen, and she looked strange....but she was fine, just had a bit of a swollen forehead from the way she was hitting during the contractions....and, she had the umbilical cord wrapped around her hand....but, she was fine. She weighed 6 lbs., 9 ounces...I went to my parents' house with my 3 day old baby, and my mom's vision wasn't too good, but she held that newborn baby...I really missed that extremely badly when Camille was born. The showing-the-baby-to-my-mom time....
So mother's day is bittersweet for me. I love all the cards and plants from my kids, and that they were all here today...but when the lilacs bloom, I think of my mother. Her birthday is this month, too. I guess I should go up to the cemetary and have a good cry, then I'll feel a little better.

No comments: