summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, May 29, 2008

school skippers

Here is school skipper #1, Evelyn Joy, with a tummy ache.... Here is a movie star who was visiting, also known as Suzanne Eleanor, school skipper #2...also with a tummy ache....a Mommy, you don't know how bad it hurts tummy ache....
Here she is after Charlotte Claire steals the lovely sunglasses....doesn't she look so sick?


Here are Jon and Charlotte Claire the other day on the nice crib mattress in the living room....playing ni-night, which is infinitly more fun than really going ni-night....


Camille Anaya has a nice big sister, Abigail, to play with her....





Whee!




Here is the young and beautiful mom with her lovely feet up, holding Miss Camile....


Yes, I have two skippers today. They aren't allowed to play on the computer when they skip, but I do let them play outside, life is short, and the weather is fine. It is my favorite kind of weather - breezy, brilliantly sunny, 72 degrees....excellent for drying bedding out on the deck. These kids make sure I never get bored in that department. It seems like they get together and all decide to wet the bed in one night, to see how big the dirty bedding pile can get...I have done 4 loads today....and I won't even get a prize...
Suzanne is seven and Evelyn is eight. They are good friends. I suspect they came down with tummy aches because they built a darn nice tent on the back patio last night, out of a sheet, some wood poles, and 5 lb. weights to hold it down... and didn't have nearly enough time before bed time to enjoy it...I personally think it borders on criminal the time these kids spend in school..I let them have some days at home occasionally....see, we live out here a-ways (is that a word?), and they spend too much time on the awful school bus...my second trip kids get home after 4pm everyday.....
Abigail and I are trying to figure out if we should do our weekly major shopping trip right now, or wait until tomorrow. If we go today, we can go to the beach with Emily tomorrow....she's got the day off and is taking Jon and Charlotte....but then I'm gone today and tommorrow....makes it hard to be caught up around here.....but the BEACH! Sounds good! Lake Ontario is very close to my heart....I haven't traveled much in this big world of ours, but I doubt I'd find a better place...sandy beaches, fresh water, no jelly fish like there were in Norway.....waves fun but not too huge....big and vast....Adirondack lakes are beautiful, but that wind blowing off Ontario....I just love it.
My Camille wants me (everybody wants me, I sure am lucky)....






No comments: