summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Sunday, May 11, 2008

today's mothers day

A few things: the other day I wrote about the nice day I had with my sister. But I need to correct something - my sister was the one who had the appointments, and she probably didn't have as much fun as I did. She has kidney stones, one large one in particular that's blocking a duct....I hope she doesn't kill me for writing about it. But she is in some wicked pain. I am praying for her, that she can bear the discomfort until her next appointment, or if not she goes to the hospital....

And: I really, really, don't have any ill feelings toward the Duggar family, I guess I am just a little jealous, although I hate to even admit that. I just don't have the skills to organize like she does, nor the financial resources....but, like one friend pointed out, I don't agree with the way the older kids are tied down to the family. When the kids get older here, they help, but this family isn't their LIFE.

Anyway, mayhem is breaking out in the kitchen. I have to go.

3 comments:

Martha said...

You are falling nicely into the blogging trap. Its a wonderful world out here, isn't it?

Sometimes I wonder how many children we would have if I hadn't put an end to it 13 years ago... We had seven our first fourteen years of marriage and just turned 44 this spring. Yikes! I had days I hardly knew what to do with these seven... Do you ever have those days?

PS. You are not Amish or Mennonite, are you Catholic? Baptist? Gimme a hint.

16 blessings'mom said...

I honestly think every day is partly "one of those days"....and I don't mean to be preachy, but I have to see each day as full of opportunities for salvation. The trials are definetly going to come, no doubt about that. And it is a suffering....but God will give me victory. We are non-denominational Christians. I grew up Catholic, then got converted when I was 17. My husband and I decided when we got married that God knew how many kids to send us, so that was that. Our church has no rules or laws concerning this, just what each family believes. Actually, there are no laws or rules about anything, we just follow the bible, and Jesus, and therefore believe in victory over sin.

Martha said...

Amen. Your kids are beautiful. I'd love to meet them sometime.