summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

we're running out of diapers

even though I buy them by the case at BJ's (with a coupon, of course)....and recently I found some at the grocery store for %50 off, and I had coupons....but now I am running out.

Who cares?

1. I am conflicted because I am me, not just a mom. I am sick of diapers.

2. I want to go out to dinner with my friends and not worry about the cost, or the calories, or if the baby is all right at home. (as long as we're dreaming, we may as well leave the baby at home, right?)

3. I want to go shopping for fun stuff without having to add on a stop at the grocery store just for milk and bread that ends up being $100 worth of groceries.

4. I want my husband to come home from work, see how beautiful I am, and just start kissing me. (as opposed to, "what's for dinner, dear?")

5. I want my kids to stop saying, "That is so '70's, mom!"

6. I want to travel to Europe, and buy hundreds of prams and carriages, and bring them home and sell them and be a succesful business woman, worthy of the respect of my husband and children, instead of the derisive, "yeah, mom's gonna sell stuff on ebay someday.." garbage that I get right now....

7. I want to sit down at the piano, and play something hauntingly beautiful, also worthy of the respect of my husband and children....

8. I want to sing a song around the house without my children laughing, and saying, "mom is out of tune.."

9. I want my husband and children to come in the house tonight and notice all the hard work I've done all day, and thank for me for bleaching the socks, and washing them twice so they get truly clean.


I'll let you know if any of these things really happen.

3 comments:

Martha said...

I love the sound of your singing! I may have never heard you with my ears, but if you are still able to sing in the midst of raising sixteen children and running out of diapers, then you deserve and award!

And hey, what was so bad about the seventies? It was a wonderful time togrow up. We could run and play in the woods with no fear of predators, they never swore on TV and the Bible was still considered sacred.

You and I, we'll meet some day and go shopping just for fun stuff and forget to bring home bread and milk. It won't kill them to go without just once.

:)

Anonymous said...

Yesterday I searched for almost 30 minutes looking for a diaper. I knew there had to be one SOMEWHERE around the house. LOL. I found one lonely diaper. Then had to go buy some.

I am so ready for him to be potty trained, even though its my inconsistancy that has caused him not to be. But i guess i know that soon after him getting off diapers there will be another one starting all over lol.

Thia said...

Hugs.