summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, May 15, 2008

diapers today for sure

I never went yesterday...sometimes when I really don't want to go somewhere, I hem and haw (does anyone say that anymore? my mother used to say that) so much....then I decided I'd go after dinner...then all the little girls started making plans to go....and Sonja, who still hasn't gotten her birthday bicycle, gave ideas to Jon, who thinks he should have a birthday bicycle....which he's not getting. My husband was going to the Wednesday night meeting at church, so I was on my own....so I did what any lazy overwhelmed mom would, I changed my mind and stayed home.

So here is today. It's perfect weather for going bye-bye, rainy, cloudy, a bit chillier....and Mariel (she hates me using her name,as she says she's the only Mariel she knows....) needs some new running shoes, formerly called sneakers. And, yay yay yay, Abigail just got home from her last final, and is done with year three of college! Her summer class doesn't start until July. So yay! She will probably look for a job, though...

So, with Mariel and Abigail with me, going shopping with Jon, Charlotte Claire, and Camille seems like an easy outing....I hope Mr. Jon doesn't get the greedy gimmes....it seems like alot of them go through it, where they want something or other, and when they've shopped too much, and they're tired, they just cry....I don't like to give in, but honestly....what I try to do is recognize the signs of an impending break-down, and suggest that I buy him a thing of orange juice, or something small....then if he starts asking, I can refer to what he already got.....it usually works....then at home, when he's well rested and reasonable, I can talk to him about being thankful, and not fussing for stuff when we're out....the "experts" say that when your child starts misbehaving in a store, end the shopping trip and take him/her home...yeah, right. The experts obviously don't realize how next to impossible it is to get to the store in the first place! And with gas prices and a 15 passenger van, I have to do all the shopping I can per trip. Plus, we live in a rural area. We have a BigM(small, expensive grocery store) 5 miles away, but it's 12 -14 miles to the Walmart or Wegmans....and my favorite store, Price-Chopper, is 25 miles away. I go there at least once a week.

So, here I sit. I have to go get out some bye-bye clothes for Jonathan, and Charlotte Claire, and baby Camille. We have at-home clothes, and bye-bye clothes......and I have to brush my hair, change into MY bye- bye clothes, make a few bottles for Charlotte, pack some crackers, and a sippy cup for Jon. And I have some phone calls to make, about my broken camera, to the insurance company to see if Aaron's possible surgery will be covered (that's a whole 'nother story)...But first, I have to get Miss Mariel Joy out of bed......

1 comment:

Martha said...

"a whole 'nother"
You say that too?