summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, May 9, 2008

the grass is always greener trap

Remember Pollyanna? Mrs. Snow was the cranky old woman, who always wanted exactly the opposite kind of jelly than what she recieved? Well, I have this baby. I love her. And I like her. And sometimes when I'm holding her, and nursing her, and fussing with her, I think about things I'd rather be doing. I think about what I'm going to do as soon as she goes to bed....all that I'm going to accomplish. This hit me this morning, and I almost felt unfaithful, as if she could read my mind. Oh, I'm so sorry, dear sweet soft cuddly baby. I will hold you and smell your hair for as long as you want.

Then, when I did get her in her nap, I started doing things....and Charlotte Claire woke up, which is tremendously exciting for Jon, day after day. Kids are good examples that way. So Jon runs into her room, and announces, "Mom, I think Charlotte threw up....", which are every mom's favorite words....and she did. Yuck. Bath time! I showered her off first, and reached over and put some baby shampoo on Jon's head, because I may as well wash him up too, and he had a little fit. He hates having his hair washed. Okay, but guess what? Mommy loves you, and doesn't want you to smell like Champ. He proceeded to take off into the living room, and I had to chase him down, and wash out the shampoo. He was yelling, and Charlotte Claire got upset, and she was yelling.....And of course me, the perfectly calm mom, was practically praying out loud for patience and the strength to not get angry.......so, out of the tub, clean and fresh, with nice clean clothes on.....phew. What was all that stuff I was going to do when I got Camille to bed? Because I have to feed these two...and wash some bedding, and wipe down the crib....it is a good thing they are so amazingly cute. And it's a good thing that God is so close, and hears my every prayer....

No comments: