summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

the balancing act...

Okay, Aaron and Mali painted the laundry room last night. There was laughter and fooling around, and when Charlotte Claire peeked in there, Mali put paint on her nose. So they finished up, and I didn't expect a perfect job. I actually told them when I was co-ercing them to do the job that they didn't have to do it perfect because there is only base-flooring in there. And when all the clothes get in there again, the walls will disapear. After they all went to bed last night, I went in there (the old washer is still hooked up, and I did a much-needed load. No, it did not spin)....and there was paint all over the baseboard and the trim around the door. It probably won't be visible, but it is embarrassing that we have this cleaning team coming here, and it looks like we don't give a darn. And I do give a darn. This morning I mentioned to them that I spent a considerable amount of time last night scrubbing the paint off the baseboard, and they should have been more careful. MOM....they grumble. They mention they are glad they were in bed when I discovered it. So there lies the balancing act. When two teenagers do a job, they will never want to do another one if I am too hard on them. Thankfulness for the job mixed with encouragment to do better next time.

Well, the crew is on their way, and here I sit. Yesterday they pulled in while I was still typing...and the place was messier than I had thought....the funny thing is they will probably see things they already cleaned yesterday already needing it again. They do not realize they could come here every single day for a year, and never get it done. (they have a list though, they don't go back and re-do.)

No comments: