summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, October 9, 2009

a real day

Shoe shelf=fun for them, mess for me....

I set up a nice little house for them in the dining area this morning....the blanket in the foreground is hanging over a huge shelf that is going back in the laundry room one of these days. It was nice and cozy for them to play in....

and I somehow thought they would play in there all day. They thought their house would be cozier with lots and lots of books. So they filled up their baby bed and dragged it into their house.


Here is the new stuff. We can't stack them because Sears neglected to include the stacking kit, which is included with the set. I went there last night, waited for over an hour with Sonja, Jonathan, and Charlotte Claire for them to figure out what the heck to do. They couldn't just give me one, because they don't have one. Thankfully the television department is next to the appliances, the kids found if they settled on the carpet under the clothing racks they could watch the big screen tvs. This was after we checked out all the vacuum cleaners, and looked in hundreds of stoves and refridgerators. For some reason, this fascinated them.








4 comments:

Tereza said...

oh those machines are nice!!! Mine are (hopefully not too soon)bound to bite the dust as they are old!

Cassandra said...

OOhh i love your new washer and dryer! Yours look so much bigger than ours. Our doors are a lot smaller too.How much laundry do they take? (sorry i mean what size are they?)
I am always amazed at the differences in everything between our countries :-)

Cassandra xx

cheryl said...

They do look big!! Perhaps Claire can come over and take pictures of your kids (and pets) in them.. which is, I know a very bad practice, but we've done it a lot, most recently with Will.

mommeeof10 said...

We have the sears HE 3T washer and dryer, but they are 7 1/2 years old. Stacking is nice, but I wish we had bought the platforms for them. I'm getting too old to bend way over and put laundry in them. If only they were a foot higher. But, I bet my dad could build me a wooden platform to make them higher and compensate for the sloping (previously an open porch) floor.