summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, October 31, 2009

happy halloween!!!

I am so stupid. So very very stupid. I have had this cold/flu thing, and probably should have gone to the dr. Especially because one of my eyes has been red and gunky. In my brilliance, I found some anti-biotic ointment in the medicine cupboard - it was expired. I cannot tell you the date, it is too embarrassing. Okay, I will. 2004. But I thought -well-, I didn't really think....and I used some. At first it seemed to help. Then I woke up in the night last night and it was much much worse. I look scary. My eyelid is all swollen, and my eye is red and yucky. So....I called my dr. just to see if possibly he had some Saturday hours. No such luck. Since it is Halloween and I want to be able to take the kids trick-or-treating tonight, I am going to take myself to urgent care and pay the fifty bucks to get my eye taken care of. I think I have a sinus infection too, my face hurts and ....never mind. enough details about this.

Jonathan is all excited because the 2009 Hess Truck is coming out soon and the picture of it came out today online. His Gramma buys him one every year. Samuel used to be the recipient, and now Jon regrets all the tires he chewed of Sam's collection. Yes, Jon used to be a tire chewer. Hess trucks do not just sit on shelves here, no sir, they get played with. Jon is a consistent battery juggler, he has access to Paul's tools, and knows just the right screwdriver he needs. He needs more "C" batteries for something, and is on the prowl...so I told him maybe I would stop at the dollar store and get him some.

I wish I had taken pictures of all the kids last night. Jonathan was a knight, Suzanne was a princess with a dress I had gotten at the Salvation Army store for $3.50, and pinned and tucked.....she had black gloves and high heels, and she looked like a First Lady. Sonja was Little Red Riding Hood, with ribbons on her pony tails, she looked sweet. Kathryn was a pirate. The older ones seemed to be helping so much they didn't end up dressing up.

And Paul is right, I should get going instead of sitting here doing this......off I go. Am I the only one who absolutely dreads going to the doctors?

11 comments:

Martha said...

I don't even know who my doctor is! I am serious too. I had one several years ago, when we had Family Health Plus or something like that.. oh yeah, it was medicaid for a year... but the doctor I had stopped accepting medicaid... we don't have it anymore... and then she moved her practice. So, I don't have a doctor anymore. I suppose something will need to be done about that some day. Hopefully I'll be conscious when that happens... The good news is I have an OB/GYN... but I won't be having any more babies... so maybe that isn't such good news after all.

Hope you feel better. I've been fighting sinus/migraine stuff the past few days. Not a good thing.

holly said...

So, how is your eye? I am praying for you!

Anonymous said...

Oh no.. I hope you get better soon!
Happy Halloween!

Book Lover said...

Hope you are feeling better this evening and have fun trick or treating. I really miss having little ones to go with.

Blessings

Kim Chrisman

FLmom7 said...

I hope you feel better soon and your eye clears up right away too.

abba12 said...

yeah... anti-biotic is a bacteria, so not so great out of date.

I hope you get well soon! that must suck :(

Tereza said...

oh goodness....never a doll moment huh??!!
Here we carved pumpkins and my sink got clogged. Completely!!!!!! yup..never a dull moment!

16 blessings'mom said...

Martha, you need to go to a doctor, get bloodwork done for cholestorol, ect, !!! I am like you though, rarely go except for the baby doc. You make yourself an appointment though (at least for a mammogram, although I haven't had one myself)

mommeeof10 said...

We all go to the same family practice doctors. It makes life so much easier. I can also call one fo them after hours and see 2 of the three doctors at Mass on sundays.

Martha said...

Had that mammogram thing when we had Medicaid. Didn't like it too much... Maybe I will have my childhood/young adult records pulled out of the basement in Webster. Then I'll at least be able to tell the EMT who my primary physician is.

Virginia Revoir said...

Ha! Funny. I got my boy's costumes at a used store and they were BRAND NEW with tags still on them. We returned their other expensive costumes at the store. We only paid $1 for their Knight costumes. Crazy! Lovin' it.