summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, October 10, 2009

cuppycakes....

Margaret Cheryl decorated these cupcakes.... I did most of these....it was fun.


Here is Sonja K. 's hair today....Charlotte Claire was telling her something important....

Suzanne's hair today.
Yes, it is fun having these little girls. For years the biggest challenge in getting out the door was all the hair I had to do. Now, even Evelyn does her own hair, and Suze is getting there. So I just have her, and Sonja, Charlotte Claire, and Camille. Camille hates having her hair done, she says ouch before the brush even touches her hair.
So the weather has changed here in the Northeast. It is getting cold, thirty three degrees tonight. This week the high temperatures will be in the fifties. And our furnace isn't working yet, Paul is waiting for a part. He fixes everything himself, which is nice, but....the propane guy wasn't too impressed with the way he hooked up the dryer and the stove, but it did work. Anyway, until the part comes and the furnace gets fixed, we will wear socks and slippers and cook warm meals. We don't like to turn the heat on until we absolutely have to anyway. Our furnace is nice, it burns either wood or oil, so if the wood fire goes out, the oil furnace will kick on. The lady we bought loads of wood from for years and years doesn't sell it anymore, so we have to find a different place to buy wood. It is always something, eh?
Wow, I just realized that everyone has said goodnight. I have already put Ms. Rosie in her cage, and the big kids have gone to bed. It is quiet and windy and cozy and my cell phone needs charging, so it is reminding me like every minute and I feel like putting it outside. Or, I could just charge it. But then I would have to FIND the charger. No one knows where it is. It was on the counter. Maybe Mirielle took it to Conneticut. Abigail has one in her room, so tomorrow I will charge it....
My mother used to tell me that after we were all grown up and moved out, it was too quiet and lonely at her house. She said that someday I would miss the noise. I have not reached that point yet. I love the kids, I love the things they say and the things they do, but quiet is like intangible gold. Sweet and delicious and sooo relaxing.
Sonja and Jonathan had a huge fight tonight about something stupid. They yelled at each other, and woke up Camille. Jon came out holding his hand and crying pretty hard. We assumed that Sonja had hit Jon, so Paul went in and got after her about it. In the mean time, I talked to Jon and he said he was attempting to hit Sonja when his hand struck the bathtub, and bent his fingers back. hmm. Did he learn anything?
Well, I am tired, so very tired, and even though the quietness is lovely and delicious, I think my bed sounds even better.....goodnight!



2 comments:

Tereza said...

My bed is calling my name too:)
Love all the pretty hair...hhhmm...my 8 year old would love to get prettied up tomorow for the Brunstad feast!

Mirielle said...

I did take the charger, but there were two when I left. Otherwise I wouldn't have taken it.