summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, October 26, 2009

mom, tomorrow do I have to go to school?

Yes, Suzanne. You have missed alot of school already. They are all out playing on the trampoline, and she came in crying because her sister hit her, supposedly. I don't know how to handle all of their little dramas. I think encouraging them to be good and kind when it is peaceful, and having them sit for a while away from everyone when they hit is enough, but why do they still do it? I guess they have the same nature I have.

I am sick. I actually took a nap today. I was up for five and a half hours, comforting the sick and fussy Camille, and doing some cleaning up, and I just felt awful. My head hurts. I feel tired and fussy, just like Camille. So Abigail held down the fort while I took a rest. I was so freezing, I hooked up my favorite thing, the electric blanket. I didn't really sleep, I just cuddled in there feeling guilty because today was Sonja's special day to skip school. I did drag myself outside to brush Rosie and play fetch with her and watch the kids rake and jump in the leaves. It is very pleasant and warm and sunny today.

Now Camille is sleeping, and I am thinking of taking another rest, on the couch. Dinner will be leftover lasagna. And maybe some salad. So I am thankul for:

Microwaves to heat up leftovers.

Warm fall days with leaves for them to play in.

Wipes. I go through so many wipes. Good for the economy.

Sippy cups. Especially when the kids are sick.

My comfy chair. Then again, if I didn't have such a nice comfy chair...hmm, this place would be cleaner...

My kids...there are 8 here in the living room right now. They are talking about what they are going to be for Halloween. Oh, the fun begins....

God's word. The verse that helped me today is in Psalms 46, "Be Still and know that I am God"...today, there was a sticker on the floor, and I hate leaning over and peeling up stickers. I found some grumbly thoughts, and then I thought of that verse. Because those thoughts can SEEM so right. ( More rules. Put my foot down. No more stickers.) But what is the REAL problem? Anyone? ME. I need to be cleansed! I was thinking about how the Israelites were freed from Egypt but they did not get to enter the promised land because they COMPLAINED. That says to me that God hates complaining. He gives, He blesses, and what do I do? Ouch, it hurts to admit how much I do it. And I truly want to be free from that. I know it is possible, and I know it will be a suffering. But I am thankful that I can be free from the chains of discontent.

No comments: