summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

I survived a trip out and about...barely

Abigail and I took Charlotte Claire and Camille bye-bye today. Against my better judgement. Then, I guess I don't have any better judgement. So we dropped off some movies at B.Buster, then went to the Salvation Army store because Wednesday is 50% off day. Abigail got some cool costume items, and I got some books for the kids, and two pairs of snowpants. We made a quick trip through the drive-through at TimHortens because a large coffee on a chilly rainy day for a sick mama is just the thing. I also got some Timbits for the kids. ha, for the kids. I DID share. Then we went to BJ's, bought diapers, candy for Friday night, confectioners sugar and shortening, and three gallons of milk for $1.58 a gallon. It adds up so quickly there!

Then I ran into the dollar store while Abigail waited in the van with the little girls. They had had enough! I got some apple juice, some Hershey's kisses for Sam who has been wanting some, some fairy wings for Suzanne for Halloween, some cupcake papers, and some "C" batteries for Jonathan the battery boy.

We called home from BJ's and had Joseph put the chickens in the oven, and I put in the potatoes when I got home. I don't feel well, and cannot make myself cut up the squash. Just can't.

Okay, time for me to write one thing about each of the kids:

Emily Anne, 24 : I think Emily is taking a little trip to England right now. What a lucky girl. She is coming home from Norway in like 7 weeks, and I can't wait!!!

Abigail Marie, 22: Since Abigail lost her job, or should we say Got Fired, or is layed off better?, anyway, she has been home with me, which is wonder-wonder-wonderful, but I feel bad for her. She is looking for another job.

Benjamin Paul, 20: Ben.....is uncertain about joining the Navy because of a hip injury from long ago which will always plague him, according to the orthopaedic dr. (Ben fell off the front of a party boat when he was ten, went under the middle of the boat, and hit the propeller. The propeller hitting his hipbone was lifesaving (as opposed to hitting his tummy or his spine)....but his hip took a beating. He had 106 stitches....) He went to orientation today to be a door to door vacuum cleaner salesman. With this in mind, if any handsome young man comes to your door, at least be nice to him. He is someone's dear beloved son!

Mirielle Joy, 19: She is still in Connecticut. She should be home pretty soon, which isn't soon enough for me. I miss her.

Joseph Michael, 18: He has been sick. He wants to go to art school. He is also nice to have around these days. He is so easy going and gentle of heart and kind and funny. He also can play the guitar quite well.

Aaron Royce, 16: He is in eleventh grade, an excellent student, and he is sick today.

Mali Rose, 15: She keeps busy writing and taking walks and she eats healthily. She is funny and sweet and sometimes seems years beyond 15.

Samuel James, 14: Sam....he is such a dear. He is helpful and sincere but he likes to argue.....and I try try try not to argue with him.

Margaret Cheryl, 12: She is really growing up lately. She can be difficult, but she knows how to humble herself and say she's sorry, and she has a soft heart and can be SO helpful when she wants to be. She is also very talented on the piano.

Kathryn Grace, 11: She is still under youth age, so she is around alot, and she is very sincere and helpful, and can be a peacemaker. She is smart and diligent with her homework. She likes music and she likes to sing.

Evelyn Joy, 10: Evelyn is the drama queen of the girls. She is the middle child of the five-little-girls-in-a-row-in-five-years. She sometimes is friends with Kathryn, but sometimes Suzanne. She stomps off at the drop of a pin, and it is rarely her fault. But she can be very responsible and loving and helpful with the little ones.

Suzanne Eleanor, 8: Suze is a sweetie. She loves to draw and write notes and lists. She likes to clean the bathroom, and she does awful on her spelling tests. She still likes to play dolls and store and house.

Sonja Kathleen, 7: Sonja is like a sweet little puppy, she just thrives with attention. She likes to follow me around, too. She still likes playing pretend, and she does fantastically in school. She still likes to cry like a baby sometimes, according to her brothers, who affectionately call her, "Ginger", because of her red hair.

Jonathan Robert, 5: This guy is smart. He knows that cars drive on the "wrong" side of the road in England, and he knows more makes and models of cars than I do. He understands numbers and concepts and is sounding out words. He loves playing house, and it is not unusual for him to be the mom walking around in a pair of his sister's heels.

Charlotte Claire, 3: She has been playing dollies lately. She has ben much better about getting into things during the day, although her and Camille did cover themselves in someone's pink lip gel today. But she promised she would never do it again. And she says it SO sincerely. I almost believe her.

Camille, almost two: My baby. Where does the time go? She is learning how to talk, and she is so sweet and cute and she is also sick, but getting better. When the little ones are sick, they can be clingy and cry-ey, and I wonder where my good-natured little child went. She cries so easily these days, I can't wait 'til she gets better.

And right here, I should be writing about the baby....I was due to have number 17 in November. Oh well. Actually he/she would be #18, because of baby Robert, but that is another story that has already been told....(he was stillborn, between Sonja and Jonathan)....

Oh, there is also Rosie the dog.....KittenForce and General Thunder, sister and brother cats, and Chinchy, the Chinchilla.

And the reason I sit here is because the roasted chicken is almost done roasting and I have to go and serve dinner and I don't feel like it but I will do it anyway. Because I am the mom.

7 comments:

Catherine Anne said...

I love our sos store half off. Its the only way to do it! Loved hearing about your day out and your beautiful family!

Martha said...

:)
It was a very wet day. I went to Walmart and spent money I do not have. I needed cat food and Hannah needs some new pajama pants. They are never quite long enough for her legs so we bought a pattern and some fleece. I wonder if this project will ever happen...

Robin said...

I love reading about all the kids. I'm so sorry about your sweet little one who was due in November ((hugs)).

Anonymous said...

I love when you write about your children. Once I heard on TV the prayer of Mrs Duggar before they had many kids. They asked: " God, give us a love of children like you love your children." It's a pretty short prayer, but so powerful. :)
I am not trying to compare you with them, because it's very different lives and choices. But this is what I see in your blog. A testimony that every child is different, intensely loved and worthy to be given a chance to live.
I hope we can have kids one day, or adopt, and I pray that we don't have to be "reasonable" about how many we can welcome. The heart has reasons that reason ignores :)

16 blessings'mom said...

Thank you Robin. It seems like I mention it alot, not that I am in the depths of despair, as Anne Shirley once said, but because it is on my mind. And Martha, make those jammie pants!!! I bought beautiful brown baby corderoy with pink dots last fall....and it sits in the bag, waiting to become jumpers for the little girls...

Lisa said...

You never know what the future holds, I hope there will be another little baby for you to love. My brother and sister-in-law have just had their first baby son at 44 and 43 through IVF, it was their last embryo and third attempt. They won't go through IVF again but are hoping for a miracle as they would love another one. I will keep my fingers crossed for both of you :)

Anonymous said...

I enjoy reading your posts, as always. This one however made me wonder if you think to yourself that you have 18 children rather than 16? I'm curious because I've lost two myself (one ectopic and one boy stillborn at 6 months) and I still find myself wanting to include him in how many children I have. I don't because I haven't actually got him with me, but it just made me wonder how others might feel on the subject. I'm very sorry for your miscarriage. It hurts when those dates approach. I really hope for you that you'll have another baby. :)
On a completely different subject, I met your daughter, Emily, today. It was really lovely! She even helped with my children and that is always appreciated. :) All the best to you all.