summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, October 17, 2009

cold and chilly.....

I cannot get warm, even sitting here under a blanket with a glass of wine. I am cold. I was outside for a good part of the day today. We were at a church conference, 14 of the kids and I. Paul couldn't go because he had to work today.

Charlotte Claire took a nap on my lap today during the afternoon meeting and it was sweet. Mali took Camille for me, so I got to sit and listen, which is a blessing. We heard about sufferings, how we need to endure in them. How we need to humble ourselves so we can be in God's grace. The Israelites in the desert complained and murmured, so they did not see the promised land. We get to choose during the day to believe God that all things work together for our good, or to harden our hearts and grumble. What a life we have been called to!

The older kids are still there at the youth meeting. There is a snack bar afterward, so they will be pretty late. I am sure they heard good things at the meeting, too. I brought the younger kids home tonight and Paul had gotten home and he made dinner for tomorrow night! He said he thought it would be nice to not have to make dinner tomorrow. Yay! I let the little girls sit at the picnic table that is still in the living room and have a popsicle. It is cold, but that is what they wanted. I wonder if they were thirsty, they did have pringles today. Anyway, it gives me at least three gray hairs to give Camille a popsicle. She makes such a mess! She drips and drops and gets her elbows in it. But she is so funny, when she was done, she read the joke on the stick. The funny part is that it wasn't a real Popsicle brand, and there was nothing written on the stick. But she remembered the other kids doing it when we had Popsicles.

They were pooped out (my mother used to say that, does anyone say that anymore?), so they went to bed so nicely tonight. And now it is just Paul and I...so - so long for now!!

5 comments:

Piper Paradise said...

I am a bad blog reader. I read you every day and enjoy every word you write. Just wanted to say hi :- )

cheryl said...

I was going to call you..just gidding as Charlotte would say.. just to bug you during your little alone time with Paul. I sat through what I believe was my first youth meeting tonight, and it was too incredible for words! I was so encouraged by the many testimonies, regarding prayer and living a faithful life for God. We are so very blessed.

Mrs Marcos said...

My mom used to put us in the bath tub to eat our popsicles-two for one, a treat AND a bath!

mommeeof10 said...

We always freeze in winter time at my moms house in Herkimer. I invited them to come to Virginia for Christmas. I would rather clean my entire house than drive for 8 hours and then freeze for a few days.

Darla said...

I still say pooped out! :) I just texted someone the other day to say, "I am so POOPED!" 'cause we have that retched Swine Flu (or H1N1, to be technical) over here! My hubby has been traveling and I am on every shift around here. He is so sweet though, he came home early from his work trip to help out! :)