summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, October 22, 2009

home from shoppin'

and I never remember how crazy it is when I walk in the door with groceries until I am actually in the door with groceries. But sitting here taking a breather, I am remembering all the years I did it with a nursing baby. The baby always needed mommy as soon as we got home. How did I manage? The baby always had to be fed before the store, and after the store, too. We went to Target today, returned $18 worth of things and spent $31 on more things. I couldn't resist. I got Kathryn a skirt for $4.24, one that she had her eye on and we were waiting for, Aaron a pair of those long plaid shorts he likes for $4.98, two sweet little pairs of pants for the two little girls for $2 each, a nice shirt for Sam for $4.24, some C batteries for Jonathan, the battery freak, and a FancyNancy game for Sonja K. for Christmas. It was half price.

On to the grocery store. I got sourdough bread for $1 a loaf, three of them. We are having grilled cheese for dinner, I think. (it is only 5:07, there's no hurry to decide, ha.) Joseph and Samuel were with Abigail and I and Jonathan and Charlotte Claire and Camille. Samuel missed the bus because his alarm clock fell and the batteries fell out, and I didn't know he didn't get on the bus because I slept through the first trip kids leaving, oops. Camille was up for a long time last night, and when I finally fell back to sleep, it must have been deep. I don't use an alarm clock because I always wake up on my own when I need to be up. Almost always.

I never got around to cutting the coupons today, I went through them and ripped out three of them. I need to get more diligent again. Mirielle always gets good deals with them. We use good shampoo and conditioner for cheap. Kerry, if you have any suggestions, email me at dellamom16@yahoo.com Thanks! One of the good deals I got today was this: 4 boxes of cereal for $6, then a dollar off three. So 4 boxes for $5. $1.25 a box is not too bad. About what it is worth. But they were a store special item, so I could only get four, that is like one day's worth.

Well, the natives are getting restless (is that politically correct?), they are rummaging in the kitchen, so I had better make some dinner. I don't feel like it. I feel like sitting here in this deliciously comfortable chair with my feet up. Or perhaps I could lie down on the couch and fall into a refreshing 20 minute nap. And wake up energized and happy. ha. I'd better stop with the dreaming and get moving.

1 comment:

Tereza said...

I know what you mean....I always dread how the day will be if I have to go out!! My kids need so many clothes right now......and I just finished telling my hubby that I'm internet shopping tonight instead of going out! YUP...I think it'll be worth it:) We don't have many good deals around here anyway.
BTW $1 for a loaf of nread hardly makes it worth it to make your own! WOW!!