summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

are you kidding ME?

It was six-thirty in the morning. My head ached. It had ached all night long in my sleep. One of those nights in which I was too tired to get up and take ibuprofen. blah. I decided just to get up instead of lying there with a headache. I took the ibuprofen, ate a few slices of pear, and took Rosie on a walk. Not too long, as it was 32 degrees out and I had just a sweatshirt on with my skirt. The cold made my head throb....but it felt so nice to walk.

Everyone got on the bus, it is just Charlotte Claire and I up. Ashley went to work, Mirielle and Joseph went to college. Rosie is asleep in her cage.

I do not FEEL motivated to deny myself today. But I baggied up the brownies left from last night, so I wouldn't be tempted to cut those tiny little tastes that add up. I made my usual oatmeal with peanut butter for breakfast.

I really want to go back to bed. blah. I think I have a monthly kind of headache, the hormone-induced variety. I always thought that when I got really serious about getting into shape, I would get pregnant, so I half thought this would be the month. blah. It is one of those I Want To Jump Off A Cliff days. Not REALLY, but just blah. But this IS the day that the Lord has made. I shall not take my grumpiness out on everyone else. I shall not be miserable. There is so much to be happy about. Feelings can go up and down, and they do, but I still believe God, that He sends everything for my best.

Charlotte Claire just said, "Mom - Look! It's Candyland!" She has been into the game closet! And now Camille is joining us....

4 comments:

Mum said...

It's funny that what you said about the become pregnant once you loose weight. I have a friend who tried for 6 years and then became fed up aged 44. She started going to the gym and lost about 50lbs. Hey presto, she was holding a new baby boy a few months before her 46 birthday. Life has a funny way of motivating us. I hope your day is easier than it felt when you woke up with a hurting head.

Martha said...

I have those hormone induced headaches too. And, I also lay in bed and think about ibuprofen instead of actually getting up to take some. (Now I keep a bottle by the bed... but where is the water to take it with?)

I hope you are feeling better by now. And that you won Candyland. :)

Anonymous said...

I'm sending good wishes your way. Although I'm not happy that you are feeling this way it reassures me once again how real you are and not afraid to talk about the "average" days. Hope you feel better really soon!

16 blessings'mom said...

Ashley - you have given me hope! I mean, yes, I would love to lose weight and get in great shape, and I shall try, but I would still take a baby. Any day! Martha, we should keep the ibuprofen and waterbottles next to our beds. Simone...thank you.