summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, April 18, 2011

vacation!

It wasn't a problem getting up this morning after all. I woke up at 7:18 and that was that. I swept up the kitchen and living room floors, made some coffee, took Rosie out and got the paper....took Mali to school, with Rosie of course. Rosie loves to go bye-bye.

I am washing socks today. There is a huge load of white ones in the dryer, and a load of light colored ones in the washer. Just a load of dark ones to go, then we shall match them. I am thinking to do a huge matching party, then throw away all the unmatched ones.

Jonathan and his little sisters are playing dollies. Suzanne and Sonja are at a sleepover birthday party. The older kids are sleeping, and here I sit. I am on my second cup of coffee, and am really enjoying vacation.

Last night I was reading about Prilosec. It helped my heartburn tremendously, but I suspect it didn't help at all with the weight loss. It seems many people experienced unexplained weight gain, among other things, while on it. I don't want to take it anymore....

And that is all I shall say about that subject for now.

Except for this: yesterday I was very good. Then in the late evening, Mali decided to make oatmeal applesauce cookies. The smell was intoxicatingly wonderful. She offered me one, I said I would wait until tomorrow, as per my Wait And They Will Be All Gone Plan. There are still some on the counter, since kids are still sleeping. They are calling me. I am letting the three youngest have them for breakfast. Eat them, already, please!

Paul is finally coming home tomorrow night! We are celebrating Easter on Wednesday. I bought an Easter table cloth yesterday, cheap of course. I am really excited, even though I do not plan to eat the candy, it is still so much fun. I love lining up all those baskets and filling them. I will still be filling sixteen - Ben isn't here, but Ashley is. The Easter grass and the smell of the chocolate and jelly beans, it reminds me of being little.

My knees are really bothering me. Mali commiserates with me. She battles with different issues, and is really trying to be healthy. Then she pulled a muscle, and is limping around....she is frustrated. I told her that God is for us, so who can be against us? He doesn't want us to be proud. He sends all things for our very best.

The kids have some of their doll strollers out, and Camille has a little pink ride-on, with a huge diaper bag and a dolly. Jon says their room is a mess. We clean these rooms and vow they will stay that way...but life is more than cleaning the house...right? Sometimes it doesn't feel that way.

I had a dream last night that I let Jon drive the truck. He put it into reverse instead of drive, and stepped on the gas. He smashed into another truck. Oh my goodness, I was like, "what have I done? I am going to get arrested and charged with Endangering The Welfare Of A child....oh no!"....I just told Jon the dream, minus the getting arrested part, and he said, "That's because you think I am a bad driver, but I am a good driver."

Today I shall have my ears opened to what God wants to speak to me...my eyes open to see myself...I shall be careful what I say, and think about what I do...I shall not give into temptation, whether it is to yell or get the last word, or to say something bad about someone. Or to eat all the cookies on the counter.

2 comments:

Tereza said...

have a wonderful day!

Martha said...

I shall endeavor to enjoy the tantalizing aroma of sweets without eating... for as long as is humanly possible.

I am not sure I ever really get a vacation. Cleaning, sorting, and painting at Mom's house this week. Maybe I'll take my vacation next week when the kids... er, I mean flowers, come back.