summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, April 4, 2011

hurry hurry hurry...

I still have that feeling in everything I do, that feeling that The Baby is waiting for Mommy. That I have to hurry hurry hurry. Years and years and years of hurrying...eating my dinner like lightening so I could take the fussy baby back from someone, doing half-good jobs on things because I knew the baby would be waking up...hurrying.

Now, my baby is three. I don't really have to hurry anymore. But I do have lots of things to do, and sometimes everyone wants me at once. This afternoon, I decided to go to the pool with Suzanne, Sonja, and Jonathan. It opened at five, and I had to pick Mali up from track practice at 5:40. Hurry, hurry, hurry. We had twenty minutes in the water, which is better than nothing. Then home to give them some dinner. Joseph so nicely drove Samuel, Margaret, Kathryn, and Evelyn to soccer practice. They ate sandwiches before they left.

I am not hurrying right now, however. Three very rambunctious children are jumping around in this very livingroom. Jonathan seemed to GAIN energy from his swim. How come I didn't?

I walked today, too! I took Rosie-The-Bad-Dog with me this time, rrr. She pulls on that leash like she is missing something really wonderful a few feet ahead...I try the stop everytime she pulls method, and I don't get anywhere. blah. She did get tired out on the way home. So did I.

I also took some time for myself and crawled into bed and finished another book...it was a stupid romance novel, but it was a nice break. The kids were watching a movie in the afternoon, and I sneaked away. I don't do this very often, but I would love to. The only thing is that when I got up, I wanted cookies and coffee.

Oh well...it is getting to be story time.

3 comments:

_ said...

I know that hurrying feeling...I always seem to be running somewhere for someone. My little one is 2 1/2 now and it's nice to know that he doesn't need the constant attention like they do when are newborn. And added bonus is that he actually likes to help clean up so he usually follows me around as I go from room to room "helping" me. :)

FLmom7 said...

Have you tried a leash made especially for training dogs not to pull? One is called "Gentle Leader", and there are others in different styles but with the same purpose. They do help most dogs. Check out Petsmart online.

Darla said...

This is where I am now too and it does feel like EVERYthing is in a hurry.. eating, going to the bathroom, showering...last nite it was cleaning the van. Baby was screaming inside and I was begging for just 10 more minutes and I would have it DONE..vacuumed and all. This was a hurried job so "done" doesn't mean really clean, just that all the garbage and stuff came out and I flew the vacuum through it. I lost the plee though. I didn't get to vacuum.

Yes, the hurry hurry hurry is so familiar..