summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

laundry laundry everywhere....

Cleaning and sorting the laundry room is not the hard part. No, the hard part is washing all the clothes afterward. No, actually the hard part is putting them all away. The couch monster is growing again....a pile of clean towels, some other stuff...and I can just hear some of you more organized types saying, "Just put the stuff away already!"

My knees are sore. One of them is rather sticky, it clicks together and has to be straightened carefully. I am hoping I can still go on my walk... I mean, I get all this resolve to suffer and get into shape, and my own body rebels.

My kids are sick and tired of hearing about my new endeavor to lose weight. They all look at each other and raise eyebrows. Or come right out and say, MOM! They talked me into opening the huge bag of Snicker Square peanut butter bars last night. I was saving them for their Easter baskets. A 52 ounce bag. I was nervous. I don't do well around candy. After they all had a few, I counted out three each for the kids who were at soccer, that made twelve, then put 14 into a baggie for Jon to bring to school for his class party (no one in his class has peanut allergies). They were all gone! Yay! So I had a handful of chocolate chips. blah. (they were so good though....)

I had to drive Mali to school this morning. She had a field trip to the hospital today called, "Let's Not Meet By Accident", then lunch at Wegmans but she missed the bus...so I was nice and drove her to school.

Kathryn and Suzanne are home again. They just don't feel so well. Dizzy and naseaus, then better, then not so great. Kathryn says it is easy to catch up on her school work, she is in seventh grade. Suze is in fourth grade and gets excellent grades too. She is just dragging though, and I hate to send her if she is feeling lousy.

Kathryn has braided Char's hair, and is now braiding Rapunzel's hair. The little girls have shoeboxes with washcloths in them for dolly beds. They simply do not get bored.

I am off to put load #3 of laundry in for the day.......

3 comments:

Virginia Revoir said...

Ohhh, the laundry monster.

I feel it so much. The piles are just HUGE.

I just did a blog entry about this because of a book I'm reading. I think you would really love the book.

http://amazingsix.blogspot.com/2011/04/expect-chaos.html

mommeeof10 said...

Does laundry ever get done? When does this occur? After all the kids are in school and not around to make messes or cause distractions during the day?

Cindy @ Marriedtothemilitary {dot} net said...

When I look at the calorie content and realize how long I will have to stay on my treadmill to work that off, it usually keeps me from eating stuff LOL.