summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

wet beds and school skippers...

Far be it from me to mention any names, but I have MORE laundry to do.

And since Jonathan had to be picked up early from school yesterday because of a pounding headache, he is home today. Suzanne threw-up twice yesterday. And Sonja...well, she got up and showered and....she is staying home too.

I have been considering starting a second blog, a weight loss blog. Or rather a TRYING to lose weight blog. But for now I shall just stick to this one. If anyone who reads this is anything like my older kids, I shall be recieving comments like, "enough already!".

Yesterday I excercised for twenty minutes. I set out three of the foam squares, and tell the little girls they can't come on to them while Mommy excercises. I run in place and march while doing arm circles, lift the ten pound weights, march again, just keep moving and keep my heart going faster for those twenty minutes. I told the kids they can go ahead and laugh, I know I look hilarious, I do not care. It works up a sweat and gets me moving and feels good. I was planning on going to the pool in the evening, but it didn't work out. So I went on my walk instead.

As far as eating goes, I have not been cheating. Yesterday I had:

1/2 cup of oatmeal with two tablespoons of crunchy peanutputter, and some brown sugar. Coffee with skim milk and some half/half.

Two slices of whole grain bread (130 calories), 40 calories worth of sliced low-fat ham, a very small apple, and a half glass of skim milk.

A 90 calorie low-fat yogurt.

Dinner: boneless skinless chicken, one teaspoon (just a taste) of pasta, big pile of broccoli with no butter, a few tablespoons of mixed veggies.

Snack: 5 cups of hot air popcorn(155 calories) with small amount of butter. This was the cheaty-est thing I have had in two weeks. But it seemed like calorie-wise I could sneak it in, and it was good. It satisfied me to finally try out the new hot air popper. I will not be making it a daily habit.

I usually try to fit in more fruits and veggies. But that popcorn was good! Mirielle made cookies to send to Benjamin yesterday, and the house smelled so good! She put one aside for me, and I said politely, "No thank-you." It is hard to say no when someone is offering. She had made some really beautiful cookies, I did admire the way they didn't flatten out, and they were baked to perfection. But I just didn't want to waste calories on a cookie. It wasn't really killing me to say No, so I just didn't have one. Soon they were all packed up and ready to send, and the temptation was over!

So you see why I should have lose like fifty pounds by now.

I am so tempted to go and weigh myself again. But what if it is the same, or even higher??! blah. I know, patience. Patience.

My kids are growing up. Aaron and Mali have to go in for check-up/immunization boosters to be ready for nursing school. They are going in this afternoon. Aaron just drove the minivan to school, and they are leaving early and going to the dr. By themselves.

Mali is going to the prom in a few weeks. My sister is making her dress for her. We haven't even bought the fabric yet. I need to get going on that.

I spent hours in that laundry room yesterday, weeding through clothes that are hanging up and on the shelves. I get so sentimentally attatched to the clothes. I can hold up a shirt and remember how happy Margaret was when I got it for her...and how cute Jonny looked in those little shorts...the saddest things are the ones Camille has outgrown....at least Jon's things can be given to my little nephew. I have been throwing away things that are frayed or stained or they just plain won't wear. A set of bumper-pads on the shelf...wah! I still have more to sort through, but it feels so good to get it in order.

I remember the years when doing jobs like this was almost impossible. Between nursing babies and busy toddlers, it is no wonder I developed the habit of just putting things places.

Today I shall try to slay the couch monster. I shall finish my fourth and final library book during the afternoon, when I let them watch a movie (see, I can plan things....). I shall get some bedding washed, and perhaps finish up the laundry room. Meanwhile the rest of the house will get messier because there is only one of me....blah.

4 comments:

noelle said...

You should definitely set up a weight loss blog! It helps to have a place to record all your eating and exercise and frustrations and joys. There are tons of bloggers doing the same thing. That was invaluable to me when I lost all my weight.

Unknown said...

Hey, how about a once a week weigh in so you don't make yourself crazy:)) also a Pilates DVD of your choice will kick your butt and build core muscles... I loved doing mine after our 5 th baby. I am not suggesting doing it every day but just to mix it up. They have good ones at the library.
Anyway, keep it up!!!
Lara

Virginia Revoir said...

I think you can just combine it on here. My friend has a personal blog mixed with her diet adventures. If you want to see what I mean, it's here:

http://diet-coke-rocks.blogspot.com/

Or blogger lets you set up a page within your blog, like how mine has tabs on the top of my blog. You can link to it anytime and it is it's own page. I don't know. But I don't mind you talking about dieting and weightloss along with your family adventures. Just want you to know!

mommeeof10 said...

I never seem to have enough time in one sitting to finish anything. I finally finished the taxes yesterday, my birthday, but want to look them over again tomorrow before I submit them. then I have to do my state taxes and my oldest daughters taxes. Maybe I can finish something in a few weeks, after I study for and pass my training for work. It needs to be done by june 30th, I have barely started it. I just wish I felt motivated to do it... LOL