summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, April 25, 2011

why did you have to sign us up for school?

Because it is the law. BUT I HATE SCHOOL. Well, Daddy gets up every day and goes to work. BUT HE LIKES WORK. No, he doesn't. WELL, I AM NOT LEARNING ANYTHING. SCHOOL IS STUPID. Just get up and get in the shower....

Jonathan is absolutely right. School is stupid. But he is learning some things, like how to get up out of bed when he doesn't want to. I did feel for him, after all, the Monday after Spring Break isn't fun for any of us.

Today, I have to be like Jonathan and do something I have no desire to do. Wake up the little girls, get them dressed and fed, and take Mali to the Social Security office to get her number straightened out. She wants to get her driving permit, and she needs that number for nursing school. Monday is the only day the small city has this satelite office for s.s. If we go any other day, it is to the big city to parallel park the big van, blah.

Today my mother-in-law is coming to visit for the first time this year, as she just got back from Florida. Any sensible person would have been conscious of this and tried to get the place clean over the weekend. But not me! I have been conscious of it, and DID NOT get the place clean over the weekend. Now I am leaving with Mali, leaving myself open to that horrible time crunch, where we clean as fast as we can in a very short time period...it is called "panic cleaning".

Mali is up and ready to go so I suppose I shall end this post.....but I do want to mention that I have now lost SIX pounds! In three weeks. I have been working at it for close to four weeks, but the first week I did not know about Ashley's scale.

5 comments:

Endo_Life said...

Excellent job on the weight loss! I am 7lb's down and have added a ticker to my blog so that I feel like I have to lose to see the no.'s get better in front of whoever happens to be reading!

Panic cleaning is the best kind you get lots done and it doesn't take too long!

_ said...

I'm expecting to hear that same comment from my older two boys next week...that's when their spring break will end.

Congrats on the weight loss! That's awesome!

ccc said...

We homeschool, but my kids say, "Who made up school?" All kids would rather do what they like during the day!

Tereza said...

Thats EXACTLY what my kids say...but when I mention home schooling they dont want to...well except for maybe a couple of um.
I hate the time crunch...but it happens....there is jsut not enough time in a day to clean house ANd enjoy the children:):)oh well....hopefully you get enough done to get by:):)

Virginia Revoir said...

6 lbs? That's great!!

Ohhh, I've done that panic cleaning so many times. :P