summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, April 14, 2011

blogging at eleven o'clock at night?!!

I need to collect my thoughts, this is my version of thinking out loud. As I just finished loading the dishwasher, I thought that for someone who isn't thin, I stretch myself pretty thin. Blah. Mali needed her fabric for her prom dress, the prom is in two weeks. My sister is making her dress, she won't start it 'til the night before anyway...(when Cheryl went to the prom, I distinctly remember her holding the pieces of her dress up and showing them to a kid in the neighborhood...she was like, "Wanna see my prom dress?" The night before the prom.) Anyway, Emily didn't have to work tonight, so she took Mali to the fabric store, and they came home with some nice stuff.

We had taco salad for dinner. I went shopping today and forgot to get the tortilla chips, so I sent Joseph to town to get some after he picked Mali up from track practice. I also told him to get two half-gallons of ice cream for the kids, since they are officially on SPRING BREAK! Sam wanted peanut butter ice cream, so in typical Sam Fashion, he repeated it a few times. Aaron didn't hear the Ice Cream part, just the Peanut Butter Part...so....he went to work....Joseph goes to town, goes into the store Aaron is working at, and Aaron tells him, "Get peanut butter." So Joseph comes home with two huge jars of peanutbutter, at small-store prices...blah.

Emily and Abigail were both here for dinner. I always send them home with stuff, I am my parents. Camille throws a fit because she wanted the other kind of barbecue sauce....so I get it for her. She continues to fuss because she wanted to pour it herself...okay, enough, into your room until you decide you want to sit with us instead of screaming....I would take a bite of dinner, go back and ask her if she wanted to be good now and sit with us now but no, just screaming...oh dear. When she decided to be good, she came back and sat down, and was fine. I was disapointed that I had eaten half my dinner during that time, and didn't even enjoy it.

Bedtime...dear oh dear...Sonja's turn to sleep with me, Suze sleeping in with Charlotte Claire, Jon in tears 'cause he doesn't want to sleep alone, Kap being nice and sleeping in his room in Sonja's bed....

Tomorrow morning I have to have Aaron up to the hospital early. The younger kids are not going to school because of Grandparents' Day. (they have no Grandparents to come...Paul's mom is not back from Florida, and his dad is not well enough to go) So for my kids, that day at school is no fun. It just reminds them of Gramma. Anyway, Margaret is staying home to watch them. She has a project that is due. She wants to bring it in. Joseph and Mirielle are going to college, then coming home and taking the car to a place north of here to get that power steering fixed, finally. Mirielle might be able to take Margaret's project in, or Evelyn might bring it for her. Then Mali has to go into the doctor's office in the small city have her TB test checked....she had to have it done to register for nursing school, and it has to be read tomorrow. Since Joe and Mirielle are bringing the car to the garage, they will only have the big van, and they can't drive that so great....especially all the way to the small city. I COULD drive the big van so they could they could take her in the small van...then she told me she cannot miss track practice...

Details....the details of life. They do have to be worked out. I feel like I need a striped shirt and a whistle and a big stick and a megaphone and a podium and a conductor's wand.....

Today I went shopping and remembered contact solution, fabric softener, nasal mist for after Aaron's surgery, his antibiotics, half and half for the coffee....but I forgot wart medicine...one of the little girls has a few on her hand, and it is almost The End Of The World. And as usual, I don't get a big prize for all the things I did remember to get....

The couch monster is dead and buried. The laundry room is sorted nicely. Only a few more loads to wash. The floors got swept and mopped today. I did the dishwasher a little while ago, again, so tomorrow won't be as stressful for the kids.

My kids see a cleanly mopped floor as a great place to play. Jonathan drags his big bag of train stuff out as soon as that floor gets all picked up and cleaned. The girls spread their dollhouse stuff all across the room. The dog sheds a bit more and tracks in some more dirt and before you know it, it is all undone. That is the story of my life....

I did walk today with Rosie. It walked up the hill twice. The going down part is now harder than the going up is. Because it hurts my knees. Rosie doesn't understand that. She wants to get down that hill. I have to hook the leash around my elbow so she has no room to run. She is a clumsy sort of dog, and she keeps bumping into me as we walk. When I let her leash out, she crosses in front of me when I least expect it. She seems to want to hurt me....I know she isn't evil, but sometimes I get to wondering....

There is so much advice out there in InternetLand about weight loss. Conflicting, opposing, and in all certainy RIGHT. Don't eat oatmeal for breakfast, eat protein/ Eat oatmeal with fruit. Don't drink any milk at all,/drink skim milk. Don't eat for three hours before before bed/ Never go to bed hungry. Cut calories back to 1200/ Don't cut back too far. Stay away from fast food/ Eat fast food once in a while so you don't feel too deprived. Drink diet soda/drink regular soda once in a while (the guy who said this lost 100 pounds), weigh yourself once a week/ weigh yourself ever single day. Never be hungry/ignore the hunger. blah.

Abigail brought over a package of chocolate covered mint cookies. They looked good and they smelled good. It was only a ten ounce package, so I knew if I held out for only a little while, they would be gone. Yup.

Now I am tired, I have stayed up for too long, I have to wash my hair and get to bed and get up early....and just for the record, for all the complaining I do...I wouldn't change a thing about my life. Except for....

5 comments:

Tereza said...

Waaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh why is it I relate so well to everything you type!?????

cheryl said...

Hahaha.. I'm READING your blog at 1:04am.. btw: When is the prom? Just kidding, I think.. and I am trying to turn over a new leaf or two. I ironed my wedding dress the night before.. I remember being horrified at the thought that I might just melt it. And I have many stories of last minutes for my own girls.. hopefully Molly's dress will be one of, or rather, the one, that I finish with plenty of time to spare!! And I hear you with the dieting stuff.. it's like parenting.. if there was a perfect one size fits all way of doing things, then everyone would be following my example.

cheryl said...

PS.. I hope it goes really really well with Aaron in the morning. You should take someone along to keep you company.

Mike and Katie said...

You have a diet plan all your own. Wait ten minutes and the good food will be gone. I'm on the toddler diet. Everything I try to eat needs to be shared with two or three toddlers. :)

mommeeof10 said...

I used to make a few times the recipe of any treat-cookies, cakes, cinnamon rolls, etc.-just so we would have some left. Now I make no more than twice the recipe. We each get a few and their are not many left. Neither Hubby nor I need the extra calories. We will eat treats if we know they are around. Otherwise, we won't look for or make any.