summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, April 22, 2011

friday!!!

Some of my favorite things:

1. Waking up naturally because I have had enough sleep as opposed to waking up to crying children or to get kids out the door or because I have to go somewhere. (although I would wake up for a crying baby ANYDAY - I dreamed last night that someone gave me a newborn)

2. Newborns. I love newborn babies.

3. When the older girls come for a visit.

4. Filling Easter baskets with Samuel and Evelyn. I sampled only a few things this year....

5. Watching the kids play with their candy. The little girls give all the bunnies names and personalities.

6. Rosie's enthusiasm, day in, day out.

7. Having Paul around.

8. I found matching slippers again (I had left them by the front door)

9. Going to the pool. We went yesterday afternoon....Paul played with the kids with a bunch of foam noodles, made a train...while I swam and excercised.

10. Planning birthday parties.

11. Seeing Jon hug Camille. He says she is so little and cute.

12. Morning coffee. A second cup never tastes as good.

13. Hearing Camille sing.

14. Having a blank day...no commitments or appointments...full of promise....

15. A stack of clean folded towels.

16. Seeing lower numbers on the scale...well, I IMAGINE this would be a favorite thing...so far I have only lost four pounds. blah.

17. Having a good reason to go shopping. I like shopping.

18. Finding bargains.

19. Realizing that being faithful to God in my daily trials is the single most important thing, far eclipsing all the the things that deceptively seem so important.

20. When one of the teenagers apologizes.

As per usual, these are in no particular order, like the rest of my life! Poor Jon is showing me a Hess plane with a broken tail wing. Oh Jonny, these things happen. it looks fine to me.

I need to get moving on with this day...it has been frustrating because my computer turned off three times just writing this...it takes forever to get going again...I am done!!!

4 comments:

Humble wife said...

Wonderful List!
Have a fantastic weekend~

Grace said...

4 pounds is AWESOME! Good job.

Deb said...

Oh, I am with you on number 12! I go to bed at night thinking about how good that first cup of coffee will taste. I hardly ever go for a second, and if I do, I am always disappointed.

Four pounds is nothing to sneer at...keep up the good work! Honestly, you will be amazed with how much more energy you have.

mommeeof10 said...

Hubby took wed thru fri off and let me sleep until 9 yesterday morning. It was really weird to wake up not still tired and have energy during the day.