summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, April 23, 2011

dreaming of cupcakes....

Pathetic but true. Last night I dreamed about cupcakes. Those yummy ones I make with buttercream frosting. I have been planning to make some of those today, with jelly beans and those little horrible jelly bunny-chicky shapes on top. Tomorrow for Easter lunch at church, I shall pass them out to the kids. I have already planned to have one.

"Cheat Days" are very controversial I am finding. One guy says he and his wife are totally faithful to their healthy eating plan but every Saturday, they eat whatever they want. Sounds too good to be true, to me. One guy said that go ahead and cheat, you will pay for it for the next few days. I am wondering if it really fools the metabolism, or if it is just what people say to justify it. In any case, I am going to have a few treats tomorrow.

My sister Cheryl and I went to the pool last evening. It was very enjoyable. I feel bad when I don't take the kids, but we wouldn't want them to get too spoiled, going all the time, ha.

Today....Mali wants to do something. I think I will take her to the big library. And perhaps shopping somewhere....the nice thing about having so many kids is that I am never bored, there is always someone to take with me and to adventure with. Someone always needs something from someplace. Off we go....

4 comments:

Mary Kate said...

I know you celebrated Easter last Wed., but I just wanted to wish you an official "Happy Easter", and to let you know I nominated you for The Versatile Blogger Award on my blog: http://whyyesiamcrazythankyouforasking.blogspot.com/2011/04/award.html.

Have a wonderful weekend!

AUTISMOMMA said...

Here is one vote for cheat days BUT for me, they have to be done right. In order for me to continue losing weight when I am dieting I remain fairly low carb through the week by only eating meats, lots of non-starchy veggies like salads, broccoli, greens, eggplant, zucchini, limited tomatoes...also only low-glycemic index fruits like berries. Then, on the weekends I will eat whatever I want when I want but I also will eat plenty of non-starchy veggies. On Monday, I go back to being low carb. It's the only thing that works for me.

Virginia Revoir said...

You know, I was wondering about the cheat thing too. If that's what you're doing please update if you notice anything. I think a cheat day is something to look forward too but I've always wondered about it too.

Dwija {House Unseen} said...

I cam over to check your blog out because Mary Kate told me to, and I think we all know we'd better do what she says!

I am in awe of you and think it's incredible how you stay so positive and manage a home with so many people to keep track of. Happy Easter and God bless you :D