summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, April 28, 2011

busy busy busy

I still take time for those nice little smoochy kisses from Camille though.

Today, we are dropping the car off at school because Aaron and Mali have an exam in the big city in the afternoon, and since Aaron can drive, they will be able to go by themselves....

After that, we are going shopping. Mirielle and I, and Charlotte Claire and Camille. We need to get basic things like eggs and milk and butter and fruit and veggies....and Jon needs sandals, his feet have grown by leaps and bounds. There will be a birthday sleepover here on Friday for Sonja, and a birthday party for Jon on Sunday. Sonja wants corndogs for dinner, blah, and Jon wants hot dogs, blah. And pasta salad. hmm. Anyway, we need to do some shopping...

Pool last night! Suzanne and Sonja went with me. As bad as I felt leaving poor Char and Camille home (Camille cried and cried as she said, "I want you, Mommy, I want you.."), Suze and Sonja love having me all to themselves. They are little sunshines, never running out of things to say to me. I swam so much my arms and shoulders ached....but it was a good ache. I feel like a jerk swimming in front of people though, it has taken me a while to do it anyway. I feel like I look stupid and don't do it properly, but...at the end of the day, WHO CARES?

It is windy here today....we have had thunder and lightening and rain and wind...it is now officially the rainiest April on record here.

Rosie's most recent bath is now null and void. Her paws reflect the amount of rain we have had. She cannot just go over to the creek and take a drink, no, she has to slog her whole self through the water. Then we walk down the road, and she gets all the stones and silt left from the sanding trucks in the winter, all stuck in her paws. Our living room floor has this sandy stuff all over...we hate it. I sweep several times a day, and threaten to keep Miss Rosie outside forever and ever, but she is part of the family.....she thinks she is the boss of the family.

The scale is not moving down like I would like it to. And it is easy to say that I am okay with that because it has to be good for me to excercise and eat right anyway...but the truth is, sometimes I cry about it. I am so motivated to just shed weight, and it is happening so slowly. SO slowly. blah. Instant gratification...I want it, and I want it now!

Camille wants her breakfast now, too. They had a bath which ended abruptly for Camille when Char "did something to me", which was a pinch, because Camille decided to pull the plug because she was done. Charlotte Claire was NOT done. So she pinched Camille. Now they are in their clean undies, wrapped in their towels, waiting for me....why is everyone always waiting for me?

5 comments:

Sherah said...

I thought that was super funny how you ended your post today, with "Why is everyone always waiting for me?" That is sooooo true!!!

Like Sunday mornings, getting ready for the meetings, everyone is waiting for me to do SOMETHING - find their socks, do their hair, pack the lunch...Bret tries to help but his hands are tied because I know where everything is, lol!

I'm inspired by your example of pressing through in the weight loss dept...once you hit 10 pounds it's going to be such a victory for you! You can do it!

noelle said...

Don't be discouraged about your weight loss. You are making great changes that will pay off in the long run. You already have more energy and don't crave those sweets to get you through the day. Well, not so much anyway.

Remember, it took a long time to gain all that weight, it's not fair to think it will all come off in a month or two.

Chrissy in Chaos said...

Losing the weight slowly is frustrating but better long term! Keep going!! The bad hill and swimming will win the day!

Veronica said...

I still think its great how motivated you are to losing wieght youll be there in no time!!
Do you think you could post a picture of the Evilhill? I have my own Evil hill here that i am currently walking once a day.

16 blessings'mom said...

Veronica: I don't know if the evil-ness can be captured in a picture...when I am approaching it I sometimes think about taking a picture of it. Mirielle says there is a much evil-er hill several roads over...and since she likes to run 6 or 8 miles, she encounters it occasionally. Today she just copied me and went up the regular Evil hill repeatedly...but she went SIX times. She is less than half my age...and probably half my size....but still!