summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, April 21, 2011

rrrrrrrr

I don't know why I can't put captions on those pictures. I will have to ask Aaron to help me. He will enjoy the opportunity to tease me about how computer-stupid I am.

The pictures in the next post: The sixteen baskets. Kathryn. Suzanne with Aaron, who is looking fine after his surgery (I hope hope hope he doesn't see that I put his picture here, he really has some healing to do but I think he is still handsome, and I love how Suze is cuddled up to him). Emily with Sonja and Jon on her lap.

Our dinner was nice. I took some pictures of them at the table, and they hated it. "Mom's putting those on her blog!" They all start putting their hands up over their faces....the older kids do not like being known for being in a large family. Kap was telling us how kids at school ask her how she shops for clothes. How we fit at the table. How we should be on t.v. Some of them get so touchy about it, but I tell them that people are not being rude, they are just curious.

Our dinner WAS nice though. Emily and Abigail were here. Abigail was upset because she brought her car to Valvoline the day before yesterday and got her tires rotated. Yesterday she noticed that THREE of her four hubcaps were missing. Her car is only a few months old. She was not happy. She called Valvoline and was told it was not their fault. excuse me, but although I do believe in coincidences, this one is just too big. I helped her write a letter to the company via their website. Hopefully they will take responsibility. Abigail is bummed because she has this spiffy new car, a Nissan Versa hatchback, and she has to take it on the roadtrip to Detroit with only one hubcap....

It is snowing out. Snowing like crazy. In April. Snowing on the daffodils. On the fresh new grass. It is windy, and chilly, and damp. I am trying to convince myself to bundle up in some leggings and mittens and a hat and be a big girl and go on that walk.

Did I really have empty hampers the other day? I sort of remember that....

Now, there are Easter baskets everywhere. Charlotte Claire and Camille are playing with their chocolate bunnies. They are at the table with their baskets, making beds for the bunnies in their boxes and covering them with napkins. Charlotte Claire's bunny is saying, "Oh no, I don't have any eyes, I can't see..." I guess she ate them.

Mirielle is going to the big mall today with a few of the other kids. She is getting her hair cut and donating it to Locks of Love.

I would like to do something fun with these guys. I feel sorry for them that they are on vacation and the weather is so lousy. They like nothing better than running around outside, but the yard is muddy and it is so cold.

I am sitting here knowing I am procrastinating that walk.....

1 comment:

Tereza said...

THAT is a LOT of chocolate! Your kids are blessed to have such a giving mom!

My kids have 5 days off from school for easter....our egg hunt etc will happen Saturday morning most likely.

I wonder if my kids are embarressed about the large family thing too...thye never really say unless we agre goign somewhere public and the little oens are all cranky and make everyone look at us:):)

Have a wonderful day!