summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, May 22, 2023

a dull one? um, no!

 



Cousins: Tennyson and Ruth


Cousins: Grant and Wulf
Aunt Sonja with Tennyson

Wulf with his mama, Margaret....and there were many more pictures, but not all the best photos, and when the girls grow up and care about such things...well, I don't post them.  I won't post the one I took of Camille this afternoon, for instance, with vitamin E capsules taped to her knee...what on earth?, you might ask....well:  Cam has a big lump on the side of her knee, her "surgery knee", as we now refer to the left knee.  The physical therapist had never seen anything it, so we called the surgeon's office, and she was fit in at eight this morning, which isn't even Aldi o'clock.  Cam was so happy, it was the first time we didn't stop there after her appointment, because it's literally across the street and down the block, but alas, it wasn't open yet.

Anyway.  The dr. decided some imaging was necessary, so the office would call us about an MRI. Off we went to pick up a new gas grill at Target, and bear with me on my grill rant/tangent.  They only last a few years, but maybe it's because we use them so much.  I did my homework, and unless you go really expensive, they're not going to really be much better.  So, a two hundred dollar grill...it was $240, on sale for $192...worth about fifty bucks, but also worth it's weight in gold on hot summer nights.  Cam and I somehow got it into the back of the car...I AM excited about it, a nice clean new grill that won't maybe catch on fire so easily...

We got home just in time for me to go to Aldi with Kathryn.  She drives right by my road, so it's not hard for her to pick me up.  I carried Jamison in, while she carried Rhys and held Achilles' hand.   She carried Jamison through the store, and I pushed the cart.  This Aldi has the double seat in the front, and when Achilles was done walking, he sat nicely next to Rhys.  I had treats in my purse:).  Kathryn needed something in Walmart, so I stayed in the car with the kids, singing Itsy Bitsy Spider and The Wise Man Built His House Upon a Rock.  I felt like my mother, not so very long ago.  

Home....ah, home. I'd gone north south and back again so ahhh, home.  I put away the apples, cream, strawberries, cheese, and eggs, and vacuumed....then sat in the sun and talked to my sister on the phone, on the deck aka the treetop resort.  

But, there is no rest for the wicked, so back into bye-bye clothes and off we went, to have an MRI done, another half hour trip north.  (The office called and said it was a stat order, wow, never had one scheduled so quickly!).    Sonja had been mowing/doing work at church, and had to come home because Paul had to leave unexpectedly to take care of some things, so we got Miss Char off the bus, and headed to the MRI...with big plans afterward:  the thrift store!  (I found a brand new with tags jean skirt/skorts thing, for three dollars, and a nice bathing suit for three fifty.  A Corrie Ten Boom book, a few toys, and a few things the girls found...)

Home...again, and dinner time.  We smoked a beef roast, a venison roast, and some chicken wings yesterday.  A sliced onion sautéed in olive oil, the rest of the beef roast all sliced and chopped in with that onion, a bit of salt and pepper, a dash of sriracha salt, some black olives, sliced orange peppers, salsa, cheese, ect., and voila, fajitas.  

The girls went to do some cleaning at church, and Paul dropped his truck off to get a new exhaust system. Sonja is going to work again tomorrow, mowing, so I'll have to get up and drive her so I can have the car to bring Miss Camille back to the surgeon's office to discuss the MRI.  

And, remember we lost Paul's truck keys?  Remember that he really thought it was ME, and I really didn't think it was ME? We have two sets of keys, when I take the truck to the gym/pool, I tend to bring the littler set, without all the bling on the keychain. Anyway.  He thought I lost them last week when I used it to go to the pool.  I turned everything inside out, searched the yard, under the truck keys, the pockets of jackets and skirts and jeans...I cleaned out my purse and backpack, and still I looked...then, this morning, I got this text:


Molly found them in her bag!   She was here last Sunday, and somehow...well, far be it from me to suspect my sweet little grandchildren of anything, but hmmm.  I do wonder.  Tenny has a thing for matching people with their phones and water bottles.  I can just see him thinking those keys belong in that purse.  I KNEW it wasn't me.  Or rather, I had really really hoped it wasn't, and IT WASN'T.  I am sort of kidding/not kidding.  (To be clear, Paul wasn't mad...he just really thought it was me...maybe because the last time, when we had to have new keys made for the red minivan, they were in my old jean skirt pocket...oops).

Anyway.  We got our truck keys back.  

The girls are home, I cleaned up dinner, and what a day it was.  I had a yucky night sleep, I woke up with a thigh cramp, that proceeded all the way down my leg.  A leg cramp sounds like such a lame complaint, until you have one...oh my dear goodness, it's painful, like hot and cold and feeling faint painful, not like a calf cramp, much more intense.  It's still sore today.  And I couldn't fall back to sleep...for a long time.  Then today I worried a bit that I'd have one when I was driving.  I pictured myself pulling over, jumping out of the car carelessly, and wham getting ran over by a passing car, and Camille saying, "Well, her leg cramp isn't bothering her anymore."

Anyway.  trials and tribulations, they find us all.  But oh my goodness life is good.  Camille walks around saying, It's wack-a-doodle time. Then today Char was saying that Dad has to fix the weed-eater, she would totally weed-eat all-around the house if/when he does.  Even your room?  We pictured Char weed-eating her room, and I said, It's wack-a-doodle time!   Such silly nonsense, but it feels good to laugh.  We got some good iced teas from Dunkin, and enjoyed our drive home. 

Ah well....the girls are here, so I'm closing the laptop...have a good evening! 



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha ha ha Thank you for the laughs 😁 I love reading about your fun times!
Valerie

Anonymous said...

I remember a time I picked up my son’s keys and put them in my purse without thinking. For two days he couldn’t find them. He was sure I had moved them and I assured him I hadn’t. Lol
I drove him to college, home, work for two days. Second day I arrived at McDonald’s (place of work) and while I sat inside drinking my Diet Coke waiting for him I decided to clean out my purse of receipts etc, low and behold… there were his keys, which I pulled out as he came around corner. No hiding them!!! Wow, I never heard the end of it, year later he still teases me. Lol

Judy