summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, May 26, 2023

all's well that end's well...

 

First of all, can we ogle this forecast?  Admire it a bit?  
Here's the new grill, same as the old grill...(The Who?)...but, it's new and shiny, and I'll always clean it after use and keep it spotless...(here's the new promise, same as the old promise...)
My view while grilling steaks last night...Paul and Sunny.  (We still have meat left from the partial cow we bought last year, and it's still really good)
We stayed the longest at day-surgery, and it was almost spooky-creepy.  
Little Miss did well, she's a champ now.  She looks so little and vulnerable and sweet, but that's because she IS.  The good news is that there was no sign of infection, just a big huge knot of fluid, a bursa, because of irritation from the screw.  Hopefully it won't happen again, because this isn't fun.  It isn't free either.  :)

I didn't have to leave the hospital this time, and no one was wearing a mask, so we could see each other's faces.  It made it a better experience.  I brought "Love Comes Softly", a Janette Oke book, that I picked up at the thrift store the other day....a mindless book to read in the waiting room, from cover to cover with time to spare.  (it's actually a sweet book, his life is such an example...)

(It was better than the television in the waiting room, with some city police drama, I mean, call me an  ultra conservative pearl clutcher, but oh my goodness:  one show was about a pair of guys who targeted women and took turns...never mind.  The phrases, details...ugh.  Yes, these things happen, and it's horrifying, but there are other people sitting there in that waiting room, and this garbage is on...I was glad for my book and my years of practice in tuning out noise, ha, I'm a pro.

Anyways, she had to stay until almost closing time to get IV antibiotics, so it was a long day.  She got the anti nausea patch again though, so the drive home was better.  

This fine morning, I'm headed to the pool, then to pick up her prescriptions, then home...then to Aldi for Rice Krispies and marshmallows to make treats for tomorrow's barbecue, and some buns and sides for Monday.   

As usual, I sat here too long, so it's hurry hurry hurry now!

6 comments:

Marilyn said...

Hi Della 👋

I’m not sure this will post🤷‍♀️ Having problems.

I’m so glad Camille’s surgery went well…….and no infection!! Great news.

The new BBQ looks great we could use a new one too. Maybe for Father’s Day.

I hope you had a good time at the pool. I’ve been power walking and I have to say I really enjoy it first thing in the morning. Birds singing etc. Great to be alive. Beautiful weather you are having. Us too!! 🥳🥳

Have a lovey weekend.

Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦

Valerie said...

Oh, I love the Love Comes Softly books, too! I read them every year, and was able to find the whole series at Volunteers of America one 50 percent off day!! I did a happy dance.

16 blessings'mom said...

It worked, Marilyn! Power walking, sounds invigorating. I'm glad Cam's surgery went well, she said the knee doesn't hurt, except for the incision, and that is the first time she's been relatively pain free in that knee in months, if not a year! The weather: I'll take it!!!! I hope you have a really nice weekend too.
Valerie, I read them all years ago, and enjoyed them. Living the life is a light in this world. :)

Mari said...

I'm glad thinks went well for Camille! What a nice grill. Enjoy it!

Terri D said...

I am so glad to hear Cam came through the surgery fine and that it was pretty easily handled. Praise God.

16 blessings'mom said...

Mari, me too, and I'm thankful for the new grill!
Terri, I am too, God is good.:)