summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, May 9, 2023

Tuesday gadding and goings...

...oh M.Gee...that title makes me sound old, and the o M.Gee makes it official.  gaddings.  Anyway.  Our cookout at Kathryn's place was fantastic.  Nine of the kids, some spouses, ten of the grandkids were there. We were outside, and it was nice.  It did cloud over, then started to rain, but it was time to go home by then anyway.  The smoked brisket was divine, as were the grilled coneys.  There were hot dogs too for the kids, and the Mac and cheese, coleslaw, and air fried egg rolls with buffalo chicken.   

Yesterday, after the pool I went with Kathryn to Walmart.  She carried Jamison in the front carrier, and pushed Achilles in the cart, while I had Rhys in the cart.  I needed mini blinds for the house we are working on, and some entryway rugs.  I also needed Oreos and chocolate peanut butter ice cream, and some hot fudge, to make Charlotte Claire's birthday ice cream pie.  She turns seventeen on Thursday!

As soon as I got home and put things away, I had a little bit of time to sit in the rare and wondrous sunshine. Then it was Camille's first physical therapy session...it was like deja-vous.  Then home, and hurry, we were leaving to work on the house.  We are ALMOST done.  I swept, vacuumed, mopped the whole downstairs, and washed some windows, scrubbed the sink and countertops.  Paul went to the hardware store, and cleaned some outsides of windows.  We were tired, and hungry...so, McDonalds on the way home.  It took twenty minutes to get our order, and oh my we were so hungry by the time we got our burgers!  (I had two McDoubles, no ketchup, no mustard, ate without the buns, and one spicy McChicken, without the bun, and a Diet Coke.  Paul ate FOUR McDoubles...:)).  (No fries...they're too good).  

This fine morning, off I went to pick up a furnace part, and then some thrifting fun!  My friend Linda was with me, and Miss Camille.  I found:  a Lularoe dress for four dollars, a bathing suit for four dollars, a few things for the grandkids, a cake pan, and four nice white Food Network soup bowls, for fifty cents each.  Nothing earth-shattering, but it was fun.

We went into Aldi for strawberries and dishwashing liquid, and I got two packages of ribs...they were $2.19 a pound, then 30%, use by the 11th.  Still good!  So this fine evening, I cleaned out the smoker, then prepared the ribs, all dry-rubbed and ready to go in tomorrow morning.  Ribs on a Wednesday?  Why not?  

Our refrigerator is making an awful noise again...time to blow-dry the ice build up around the fan motor...ugh, Samsung refrigerator, seemed like such a good idea.  It was a scratch and dent model, but it's been a headache.  Well, at least it works.  

Tomorrow after the pool, all the older people are going out to breakfast, they go once a month.  I've only made it once, always have something going on.  I think I might go tomorrow.  Margaret is coming over with her little boys at noon, to work here for the afternoon so they can play and be outside.  But I'll be back by then.  

This weekend is a soccer weekend/spring conference at church.  There are around 950 people coming, and we are doing the dessert on Saturday night.  (our local church).  We decided to do donuts, cookies from Costco, and little ice cream cups.  So...500 donuts.  I called a local grocery store, and they can do 12 dozen, then another store can do 30 dozen.  504 donuts.  

Okay...have to get to bed...it's late, the kids have all gone to bed, Paul was on a work call, now he's headed that way too...the house is quiet, it's tempting to stay up, but pool in the morning!  

BTW, I have been working hard at avoiding the chocolate after dinner.  It's hard, but I feel better, even though we all know that chocolate dopamine hits are the BEST.  I've finally lost a few pounds again, have sever-everal more to go, but whatever.  Life is good.  :)

1 comment:

Marilyn said...

Hello 👋

Gadding about is such a good expression I think. I know what you mean by bring so hungry!! So hungry you could eat a horse and chase the rider 🤣 That’s an old expression! I hope you were able to go for breakfast with the pool gang. I have to say I really LOVE breakfast out. My favourite actually.

Looks like a busy weekend for you…. what’s new!! You always have fun, busy weekends.

And yes chocolate after dinner is so good……..well anytime really. I try not to have any in the house as we can’t seem to leave it alone 🙄

Have a wonderful day!!

Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦