summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Sunday, May 14, 2023

it works for our good...

 

Just look at that verse 28!  Isn't that amazing?  

Yesterday was a good day.  I went to the senior breakfast, and to be with a group of friends who've been faithful and true, the spirit there was just of goodness and thankfulness.  In life, trials and tribulations and sicknesses and money troubles and all the things that come along our way, but to be saved in those things, instead of being sunk BY those things brings forth Jesus' life.  

So our breakfast was put on by some younger people, and they blessed us indeed.  I had scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon, and some raspberries and blackberries, strawberries.  There were yogurt parfaits, croissants, muffins, cookies, danish too.  They served us our coffee and sang good songs to us.  I sat with friends who raised ten children, and now are raising two grandchildren, oh we had a nice time talking.

The day was special for the kids, soccer games for all ages, and different activities too.  I wish I took more pictures!

The coffee bar makes kid-sized smoothies, Wulf likes them.
Tenny does too.
Tennyson got tired, had a rest with Grandpa.  
Rhys got tired too, and Camille is a comfy Aunt.
Sonja and Charlotte Claire went to pick up 360 of the donuts, Abigail and I picked up the other 144 from a different store.
Grant is a nice cousin/big brother!  He's with his cousin Rhys,and little sister Ruth
Cousins Wulf and Grant:  fren-amies?  Fren-imies?  Besties who recreationally argue but love each other?  They do like to bug each other, but what fun.
Ruth!

Wulf and Grant.

And the day was wonderful.   I walked almost 6,000 steps:).  

Now, today, Mother's Day...my poor dear mother-in-law is in a rehab facility because she fell and broke her hip.  She had total replacement surgery, which is big when you're almost 94. We will be going to see her one of these days, but Miss Sonja graduates nursing school this week and we cannot miss that.  

Some of my kids will be coming over here today, so I have to get moving and vacuum the floors, and run to the store for some drinks, and buns for the burgers and hot dogs.  Maybe I'll get a watermelon too...things don't get done from my chair unfortunately, so up I get and off I go.  

4 comments:

Carol said...

Happy Mother's Day. Sounds like the breakfast was quite a meal!

Anne H said...

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!

Terri D said...

I loved seeing all the photos of the littles! Sorry you had to go buy things for your Mother's Day lunch. What are those kids doing?!! I know, I know. Me too!! Hope you had a great day and wishing you blessings in the week ahead!! xo

Anonymous said...

Oh, so sorry to hear about your mother in law! Hope all goes well with her recovery.
Valerie