summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, May 12, 2023

well I am SO sorry!

The days fly by and oops, didn't write a post, next thing I know, it's Friday again!  Slow down, life, please.

Yesterday Margaret came over with her two little boys, and worked from here.  Kathryn came over with her three little ones, and at one point was gone for a over an hour to go with Paul to pick up his truck...repairs on the other side of the city, new springs.  Anyway.  It was a busy outside day.

Rhys
Wulf with the hose, what could possibly go wrong?!
Achilles had a turn, they were washing mud off the sidewalk.
Tennyson
Camille
Sonja with Rhys and Ten
After being outside in the sun for three hours, it was time for downtime and "Minions".   It was sweet Seventeen for Miss Charlotte Claire, so Sonja picked her up from school, and picked up Chinese takeout from the small city.  After dinner, Paul said, BIRTHDAY ICE CREAM!
Achilles watching them make the cones
Wulf, Tenny, and Grandpa...(I can't believe I'm married to a GRANDPA, ha.)
And, the birthday girl!  She got high top Converse, a nice dress, some Levi's shorts, a cup with straw for cold drinks on the deck...
Rhys and Achilles...

 Tennyson was so tired, he cried about something, and I got to scoop him up and rock him...he's only two years old, won't be three until September.  He doesn't like to nap much anymore, but he gets tired out.  He fell asleep immediately, and after I held him for like an hour, he stayed asleep when we put him on the couch.  He must have needed it.  

We went out to our church to help with set up for this weekend, and by the time I got home, I had almost 6,000 steps.  Phew.  I did have an ice cream last evening, but I'll tell you this:  I've cut out the chocolate, and I feel better.  I think the sugar was affecting my joints.  

This fine morning:  pool.  I am SO thankful for the pool.  It has helped me so much, and it's fun.  On Wednesday, it was the monthly go-out-to-breakfast for the water aerobics group, only the second one I've been able to make it to. I really enjoyed it.  

After pool, it's to Costco we go!  I have to buy 400 cookies for tomorrow night's dessert, and spoons for the ice cream.  It's hard to navigate through all the tempting garbage-io, aka food.  I am not going to get skinny, and don't care too much how I look, I just want to feel good and be healthy, and I know how certain foods make me feel.  The chocolate covered almonds: they cannot come home with this time, no matter how much they beg, cajole, whine, and lie...oh, you won't eat THAT many this time, just a few after dinner, it'll be FINE...ha.  I'm on to them.

Oh well...once again, have to run run run to be late for the pool....

2 comments:

Terri D said...

I sure enjoyed all the photos! The kids look so good and that two-year-old is a very big boy!! He fills up your lap and then some!! Have a happy weekend! xo

Mari said...

It's good to see you - you have been so busy! But it's good stuff, and lots of sweet people!