summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, May 2, 2023

rain rain, go away...little Rhys wants to play...

 Our front yard is very boggy.  I walked through it yesterday when I got home from the pool.  The lilacs are budding, the pear tree is in full bloom, and the tulips are gorgeous this year.  I was in the door long enough to change the water in the tulip pitcher (I cut some to enjoy in the house), we had to leave to bring the truck to the mechanic.  (there are a few issues with it, a spring of some sort has to be replaced, among other things).   I got back in the door, and Kathryn was calling, did I want to do something?  Well, of course!  Achilles was still in Oregon with Darius, so Kathryn had just Rhys and the baby.

Target...they had no chicken!  We got a very few things, then went into TJ Maxx to scour for a birthday gift for Sonja, she's 21 tomorrow!  By the time we got to the register, it was Fall-Apart-O'clock, Rhys was crying, Jamison was crying, and it was so hot in that store!  

We stopped at McDonalds, and the bag ended up on the floor with half the fries...oops.  Cam stayed in the car with Rhys, and gave her some food while Kathryn and I ran into a grocery store with Jamison.

Then...home...ahh, home.  We had big plans for dinner:  the sirloin steak was buy one get one free, so I seasoned some of that, and pan fried it...cut it against the grain, and we had the most delicious fajitas with peppers, tomatoes, lettuce, ect.  

This fine morning, I headed out the door with Camille to check on Emily's cats, and pick up something for  Activity Club. We also went to the thrift store (too much fun...I get the senior discount, 25%off, on Tuesdays. (55 and up, who woulda thunk?)...I found a Minnie Mouse helmet for Rhys, an outfit for Ruth, some shorts and shirts for Grant, and pants for Wulf.  I bought a really nice little cooler for $3.74, and a Bumble Bag in excellent condition.  Camille found a brand new Zara shirt, some jeans, and an adorable Vici dress.  Then a quick run in to Aldi for some strawberries and cheese popcorn for A.C. snack, and some chicken, marked down hot sausage, peppers, limes, and popsicles for us.  

Home...ahh, home.  I'm getting out dollhouse stuff to bring to A.C., and Camille is making a three layer marble cake for tomorrow, and a dozen cupcakes.  

We brought the cupcakes to activity club, with a can of frosting, and some sprinkles...the girls liked frosting their own cupcakes...

...anyway, it was a day....tired now....goodnight!  (the post which took all.day.long. to write...)

4 comments:

Billie Jo said...

Love sharing your days and activities with you, my dear friend! And lilacs!!!! My mom had lilac bushes, and I absolutely loved them. Thanks for the memory. Have a cozy day! Snow flurries up here!

Marilyn said...

Hi there 👋

We seem to be having just the opposite weather to you. It is hot and so dry we have a few bush fires west and south of us and WIND!!! I And it’s 30C this afternoon 😳😳 I was out on my deck and had to come in because my allergies are so bad 😞Oh poor me. I’m going to change my allergy pills.
Fancy Target having no chicken!!

I hope activity club went well. It must be fun Della. They are so much fun at that age. I was a Brownie leader for years and they tell all the family secrets!!! 🤣🤣🤣 Teachers hear it all!! Oh my goodness.

Sorry about the truck! Always something, isn’t there?

Have a lovely evening.

Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦

Terri D said...

Again... I don't know how you do it all!! God bless!!

16 blessings'mom said...

Billie Jo, lilacs remind me of my mom so much, her birthday was in May, and she loved a huge bouquet of them...I don't know why, but I miss her so much in the spring. Snow flurries, ugh!
A Brownie leader Marilyn, that's sweet! They do tell the family secrets. I went on some field trips through the years with my kids, and those kids just wanted someone to talk to, my goodness.
Terri...ha, I really don't do it all...not all at once, can't keep the house clean when we're going going going, have to play catch up...