summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, May 23, 2023

well, here we go again, again!

 Camille has to have another surgery.  It's a small one, but is any surgery in a hospital, under anesthesia, really very small?   The big lump on her knee:  the doctor said there was good news, and "okay" news.  The good:  the graft is intact.  The "okay":  the big lump is fluid, a possible infection, and the cause:  the screws holding the graft in place, one is sticking out too much.  I don't know if it loosened up, or just because it's a screw in there it maybe caused irritation/inflamation/possible infection, I don't know.  Before these procedures, we are warned these are possibilities.  The dr. has been very gracious and kind, but here we go again.  Thursday, we're going to the hospital again.  It's "stat" because of the possibility of infection, which they don't think is very likely because she doesn't have any fever, or redness or unusual warmth, just a big lump.  So it might just be fluid.  

She seems okay about it, I am concerned, but battling not to get upset.  

In other news, all these millions of pieces jangling around in that big box turned into a new grill!
Sunny....all nosey about the neighbors.  

Cam and I stopped at Walmart on the way home, but the grill covers were gone, and they had nail primer.  We did get a watermelon for Monday, and a bag of salt potatoes, and a gallon of milk.   We got a pizza dough, a bag of mozzarella cheese, and some pepperoni, so the girls made a pizza for their dinner.  I made taco meat for Paul and me...

Tomorrow morning, pool, for the first time in a week!   (Friday was cancelled, Monday I had to bring Cam in to the dr., so yay, tomorrow finally.)  Then Kathryn and I are going to Costco so I can get things for the barbecue, as I'll now be busy on Thursday, and probably not wanting to leave Cam on Friday.  Ah, life is interesting.  Then Grace is coming over with Grant and Ruth.  :). 


Bedtime now for me...


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll be praying! What disappointing news:(
Valerie

Terri D said...

Busy, busy, as always! Praying for Cam's surgery and hoping it is only fluid and can be taken care of quickly and successfully! Watermelon sounds good! I think I need to find one for the weekend! Hugs!

Mari said...

I'm sorry about another surgery. Praying it goes smoothly and she heals quickly.