summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, May 25, 2023

heading to the hospital...

 ...on a nice sunny day.  This procedure should be relatively quick:  Miss Cam needs a new screw, a bigger one, to hold that graft in, and then the fluid will be drained, hopefully it's not infected.  There's still the effects of anesthesia to deal with,  and a fresh new bandaged wound to keep out of the swimming pool.  

Yesterday after water aerobics (ahh, it was SO nice to get back to the pool!), Costco with Kathryn.  Shh, yes, this time those chocolate covered almonds ended up in my cart.   I know, if I were reading a book and the overweight character put them in the cart, I would be like NO, DON'T DO IT!  WE KNOW THIS WON'T END WELL!

Kathryn came over afterwards with the kids, it was a chilly dark afternoon, perfect for coffee, visiting, and baby rocking.  I bought two roasted chickens, a big bag of yellow potatoes, and some fresh green beans, and also made some stuffing and opened cranberry sauce for dinner.  Sam and Grace came over with Grant and Ruth, and Darius joined us for dinner.  

Camille made a chocolate cake with brown sugar buttercream meringue frosting.  (four and a half sticks of butter in that frosting!)


She brought it to a girls' gathering, they all said it was really good, but um, how could it NOT be, with all that butter?  She didn't use all the frosting though, there's some left.  

Not too long ago, not too far away, in Washington D.C., three small children celebrated a parade.
Two lazy doggies.
One Princess Ruth
One handsome Grant
One bad puppy with her Kamala Harris dog toy (courtesy of Evelyn, and yes there's a Joe Biden one too)
And, 13 years ago today, Camille broke her leg on the trampoline...she was only two and a half, talk about a princess, she was certainly sweet, still is.

I'm reading a book that Charlotte Claire read, she's hurrying me along so we can discuss it.  It's the prequel to the Hunger Games trilogy.   I'm not so sure I'd be so gungho to read it, but she's excited to talk about it, so it's worth it.  Then of course we can go see the movie when it comes out...

Anyway, got to run, sat here for way too long...imagine that, ha...


4 comments:

Terri D said...

I'm anxious to hear how the surgery went. Prayers being lifted!! That cake looks SO GOOD!! Will she share the icing recipe... please!

Anonymous said...

I was not wild about Songbirds and Snakes. But I am glad I read it before the movie, think I will enjoy the movie more. I adored the Hunger Games books- the first books I read and I thought, "I wish I had someone ill or shut in I could read this to!", strange as that sounds. Hope the procedure went well!!
Valerie

16 blessings'mom said...

Terri, I'll ask her when she gets up and moving today...for the recipe.
Valerie, I'm not wild about it either. The Hunger Games: when my daughter Suzanne was reading them, years ago, dancing around the living room telling me how good they were and that I should read them, I was horrified at the notion. But once I read them, I realized that they aren't about children killing each other, they're about rebelling against loss of rights and freedoms, rebelling against government control. Anyway, when my son Benjamin was in Afghanistan, he was stationed at this little base in middle of nowhere, a really small satellite base. My daughter Mariel sent him the Hunger Games Trilogy, and they got passed around his tent, all the guys read them, isn't that cool?

Anonymous said...

That IS so cool!!
V