summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, May 4, 2023

and another birthday here in our house...

 

Miss Sonja K. is 21...

...with Charlotte Claire and Camille...

Camille was the baker, a three tiered chocolate/yellow marble cake, with chocolate buttercream between the layers.




We had a quiet birthday for Sonja.  We made a nice dinner:  chicken, mashed potatoes, and fresh veggies. (I marinated the chicken breasts in the Cornell sauce, then rolled them in a mixture of cornstarch, seasoned Panko crumbs and baking powder, with garlic, salt, and pepper.  Lots of olive oil on the pan, then roll them in it a bit, roast in a 400 degree oven...they got nice and crispy, and tender and juicy inside.  Sonja made the sauce, which tastes like Chilis chicken crispers...with hot sauce, butter, and brown sugar)

The three girls went to a youth meeting, then we had cake when they got home.  I had a tiny slice, it was so good!  Who can resist birthday cake?  Well, from now on, me!  ha, isn't that what we say every time?  I actually usually don't have any, but thought I would...it didn't agree with me...heartburn, tummy ache...oh well...it was a beautiful cake though...

Now I need to run because it's Grandparents' and Special Friends Day at the school, and Paul and I are going for Elise, our kindergarten granddaughter...

One of these days I'll sit here and write more, it seems like these are just little info bullet posts...have a really good day!!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do miss your stories/longer posts! It reminds me what I can blog about 😂
Valerie

Terri D said...

Awww... Grandparent Day with your kindergarten sweetheart!! The birthday cake is really beautiful and I'm sure it was delicious. Is there a month in the year when you don't have a birthday to celebrate? I love birthdays and believe they should always include cake and singing!!

Marilyn said...

Hello Della 😊

Don’t you just love grandparents day? It’s just so lovely. 💕

Happy Birthday to Sonja 🥳🥳 She is so vivacious and I can tell has a very outgoing personality ……. from things you have said. Camille did
a brilliant job on the cake 🎂 Wow!! So beautiful, and I’m sorry you didn’t feel very good after eating a little bit. That’s not fair, is it?

Have a wonderful evening ☺️

Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦

Martha said...

What a beautiful cake! Gah! How did these kids grow up already?
She's about the same age as my oldest grandson, yes? He's already 15. And a half.

16 blessings'mom said...

Valerie,:)
Marilyn, yes! With all my kids going through that school, all the events there from kindergarten registrations/testings to concerts, plays, award ceremonies...I've been to that elementary school countless times. Now to go again as a grandparent is quite fun. Sonja is a firecracker. She's so funny, and it's easy to make her laugh. She makes things fun. She's also such a hard worker, and I'm so proud of her.
I know, Martha, how did it happen? Cam is 15 and a half too, November birthday. My oldest grandchild is 9 and a half. wow.