summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Sunday, May 8, 2011

a little quiet time...

The kids are sunburned and exhausted. I guess it is pretty tiring to lose all your soccer games. They had so much fun though. Emily and Abigail and the other older ones worked very hard at the grill, cooking and serving and cleaning up. So they are tired too. Emily and I took most of the kids from the soccer team out for ice cream today....we figured they needed a little treat for working so hard.

I am tired too. It is so very busy to be at the conference center all day for two days, but it is worth it. The ones who don't help don't realize how much fun and fellowship they are missing out on!

Charlotte Claire and Camille came home this afternoon and took one of their marathon baths with their Barbies. They wrapped in their blankets, cuddled on the couches, and fell asleep watching, "Tangled". Char woke up and was very sad that it was over.

Dinner: baked lemon pepper chicken breast, buttered rolls,(no, I did not have one) and salad. Then the kids passed around the 72 ounce bag of chocolate chips...I had two and let them melt in my mouth...chocolate IS good.

Everyone was here today for dinner, except for of course Benjamin, and Aaron - who had to work. He is eating dinner now. Emily got me some DunkinDonuts coffee for Mother's Day. Sonja gave me some lotion that she got for her birthday. And a card, which she had all the kids sign, which said how much they want to hug me everytime they see me.

I am hanging in here, enduring and not giving up the fight in my new DIET (I just like that word all the more since it is such a forbidden word these days...) and exercise commitment. Today wasn't the best day, eating-wise, but I didn't totally blow it, either. I did have a half a hot dog bun, and I had a baby cone at the ice-cream place...but I don't usually do that, and tomorrow I will certainly eat much "cleaner". I saw a picture of myself recently, and I still have a long way to go. My primary reason for this is to be healthy and to feel good, but it would be nice not to see pictures of myself and think there must be some mistake, because that picture makes me look too fat!

I am so tired I cannot think straight...

Camille's little nap gave her some extra energy, I can hear her talking and singing.

1 comment:

Cindy @ Marriedtothemilitary {dot} net said...

(((Hugs to you))))) What amazing memories about your Mom though.