summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

whirlwind....was it ME who thought life is getting easier?

blah. No complaints here, just some minor whines. Yesterday after getting home from shopping at Walmart with my three youngest, who, just for the record, are worse in the store than any of the other ones ever were put together. Camille asks for things non-stop. Not even things she really wants, just everything she sees. Like bath-scrubbers and goldfish and air-freshener spray. Charlotte Claire TOUCHES everything she sees. Touches things and picks things up. And Jonathan...oh my goodness, everytime I bring him shopping I remember how he gets about the toys. He wants to look at every single thing, and I had better not hurry him. He also has money, so he had the idea to buy something yesterday, which I had already said was not going to happen. He didn't have a breakdown, but he did say over and over and over again that he wanted to buy something. He also was getting silly with Charlotte Claire...when they join forces, they are just worthlessly silly. Jonathan is a good boy though, he tried not to be bad, even though he was laughing and falling on the floor....Char, on the other hand, did not try at all....I really had a talking-to with her once we got in the van....after she honked the horn while I was putting away the groceries...Jon said he "suggested it, but it was NOT his fault she really did it. 'Cause it was only a suggestion."

Anyway....home to untie Rosie, who was tied up for the very first time of the year (I detest tying her up, but the yard is shadier than the deck, and I couldn't just leave her inside on a beautiful day.)....carry in the groceries, and feed the kids lunch. Then off to my room to rifle through my closet for some gifts for Charlotte Claire's birthday. I was specifically looking for a bag of prizes I know I had. Then Mali came in and said she skipped practice so I can take her to get her bloodwork done for nursing school (she tried to get it without me last week, but she is under 18. Apparently in this crazy world, one can get an abortion without parental consent, but not bloodwork done. go figure.) Anyway...I did NOT want to go to the small city again, but I saw that I had to. So...off I went, with Aaron driving. Blah, I had things to do, I did not want to go on this little outing. But I decided that I would make the most of it, so I told Aaron and Mali that I would take them for a coffee or iced-coffee afterwards....Mali got her bloodwork done, Aaron got his MMR for nursing school, and went in for his nose check-up. TimHorton's, then home (the Timbits tempted, but we didn't get any)

Home...time to get ready for the band concert! What about dinner? I asked my dear son Joseph to make something....and off I went with Sonja and the girls who are in band....I once again decided that even though it was crazy to leave the house again, I would enjoy myself and make the most of it. It was wonderful.

Fast forward to this morning: blah! NO WONDER the pregnancy test I took yesterday was NEGATIVE! Blah, ten days late!!! I was getting pretty hopeful....and it made perfect sense to me that I would get pregnant once I finally started losing weight...but no, not this month. wah. And, I have an early morning MAMOGRAM appointment. blah again. Sounds like NO FUN. Big van, parking garage....a necessary evil to have done, but blah anyway! The good part though: I am going all by myself. I love my kids with all my heart, but those rides all by myself...I can actually think straight! And, I am planning to stop at the store for strawberries and whipped cream for the nice cake Mirielle made last night. (I am already planning to have one heaping forkful)

I took my walk this morning. I am finding it really to my liking to go in the morning. Then I know I have done it, I start the day with an accomplishment. I also try to do different exercises in the afternoon each day.

I just told Charlotte Claire, who is bright-eyed and bushy-tailed, that today is her last day of being four...she said, "hey guys, tomorrow is my real birtday!!!" Yes, she says "birtday".

Now to get ready to go to the mamogram...oh, joy.

5 comments:

rachel said...

I loved what you wrote about making the best of it - isn't that what our lives are like anyway, day in & day out? Like this past weekend we had a big feast at Macleay and Bret was already there with the 5 older kids; I "just" had the 1 & 3 year olds to get ready, and myself.

I really wanted to get there on time...but wouldn't you know, the 3 yr old had a dirty diaper, then the 1 yr old took of her socks & shoes AGAIN, and then I couldn't find the 3 yr old's meeting shoe (it was behind the bathroom door, found out later).

What can I do? Make the best of it...let them see Mommy stay in rest while the plans change...we're now going to be late but it's ok! We'll roll with it. =)

I also love to walk in the morning...as soon as this dreery weather goes away and we see summer, I'm planning to get up early and go. Such a wonderful way to start the day, the thoughts I have towards God and my children, and it's so beautiful out in the summer early morning too!

Four turning five...my daughter Marie just turned 5 too. She was very worried the day after her birthday as she asked me, "Am I still five today? Or am I four again?" So, so cute.

Sherah said...

Oops, so sorry - I totally didn't notice that my daughter Rachel was logged in when I was commenting - so that last comment left was actually from me. =)

Tereza said...

ah yes....busy, crazy days!

AUTISMOMMA said...

Pregnancy tests have always been weird for me. With my son, I got a positive on the first test I took and was only three or four days late. With my daughter, I never got a positive (over-the-counter) pregnancy test and I took at least three. It wasn't until I had the blood test that I finally got a positive. With this third one, I had a period even after conception and after having four negative pregnancy tests.

I will pray for you that the pregnancy tests are just being all wonky on you. ;)

ccc said...

Yes, what's with the younger kids being awful in stores?? A good friend of mine who has 8 kids says it's because they are used to getting their way by everyone at home and because we rarely take them out to the stores with in-house babysitters readily available. Who knows? It's embarrassing and annoying though--isn't it?