summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, May 23, 2011

monday.....at home


"flowers" from our walk down the road....

Camille and Charlotte Claire, who were supposed to be in bed...but when big sister makes cupcakes, it is mean to send them to bed....

yum...I only had one bite!

I guess we didn't make enough cupcakes on Saturday...Mirielle wanted to make more.

Took my walk this morning. Got the kids to school. Sonja K. got to stay home, however, because she has a sunburn on her shoulders...ha, pretty bad excuse, eh? It was such a joy to have her here. She played princess dolls and Barbies all across the living room with the little girls. We went on a walk, then had a snack (15 calorie popsicles, peanuts, and grapes)...then I went in and took a little nap while they watched a movie. I stayed up WAY too late last night, then woke up at six...I tried to talk myself out of going for my walk, but all the arguing with myself made me so awake, I decided I wouldn't be able to fall back to sleep anyway...so. I got up and went. I needed the nap. It was sweet and enjoyable. Woke up, gathered up nine kids, and off we went to the pool....home for dinner, leftover roast beef from the wedding, with beef rice and broccoli, dinner rolls, and for me, and a nice hot bowl of spinach for me.

My calendar is filling up, but I am trying not to stress about it. One day at a time! Concerts and award ceremonies and dinners and field trips and the fifth grade Egg Drop and graduation and then all the shopping I have to do for the big church conference this weekend. And Paul is away for the week, which I hate. The only thing good about it is looking forward to him coming home.

Rosie had a nice bath after dinner tonight. I brushed her and clipped a few tangles, she looks nice.

Two walks and the pool, no wonder I am tired in spite of the nice nap I had...

No comments: