summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

tuesday morning...

1. I walked this morning...against my body's wishes.

2. Stayed up too late AGAIN last night. I think it is Mirielle's fault, she is done with college for the year, so she can stay up late and sleep in. I, on the other hand, cannot sleep in.

3. All the kids went to school, although it was pretty close for Sam. He doesn't get up until like five minutes before the bus comes, and ever single day he is surprised that the bus is "here already??!!"

4. Charlotte Claire's Rapunzel doll has long hair, but not long enough. She uses a sheet or a towel or a blanket and attatches it to the poor doll's hair so it is long long long like in the movie, "Tangled".

5. Samuel and Kathryn did not go with us to the pool yesterday afternoon. Sam decided to clean up. He did the dishwasher and swept the kitchen floor. Kathryn cleaned the living room and swept the floor. This was pretty sweet to come home to!

6. One of my skirts is too big to wear. I put it on yesterday, and it almost fell down.

7. I almost stepped on a dead frog this morning. I like to relax and look around while I walk, but between Rosie and the critters that could be dead in the road, I tend to look down quite a bit.

8. Jonathan is our only elementary student in chorus this year. blah. The band concert is one thing, the elementary chorus concert is pure and sheer torture.

9. But we shall go anyway, and praise Jonathan, even though we won't actually be able to hear him.

10. Why in the world would someone take a load of darks out of the washer and put it in the towel hamper?

11. Why does Mirielle make cupcakes? They are not calling my name, no, they are SCREAMING it. I already know I won't have one, I am far too comitted to wanting to get into better shape, but they taunt me nonetheless.

12. I need a good library book.

13. Isn't it amazing that we have TWO kids graduating from high school this year? Mali doubled up because she hates high school.

14. We have nine kids in school this year, we shall have eight next year.

15. Next year we will also have four college students who live here and commute.

16. Socks do not match themselves, but they should.

17. Each and every day I wonder why in the world I didn't start "dieting" several years ago, and why in the world I let myself get so fat and out of shape in the first place.

18. Eating right and exercising is not one millionth as difficult as I always imagined it would be.

19. About three times a week, I do "my exercises"...twenty minutes of marching in place, jogging, leg lifting, air boxing, and lifting ten-pound weights between songs on my mp3player. (my favorite "exercising" song: Waterloo by Abba. 'Cause I'm finally facing MY Waterloo.)

20. If you stop in when I am "exercising", go ahead and laugh your head off. I am used to it. My kids find it very hilarious. I do not stop for visitors, or for ringing phones, or for kids who ask for popsicles or if they can have the last yogurt.

21. Talked to Paul on the phone last night. How can it possibly be that I have been married to him for 27 years, been with him for 29 years, and I still am so crazy about him? I simply can't wait for him to come back home.

22. I SHOULD be doing some things around here.

5 comments:

Rebecca said...

Please let me know if you figure out a way to get socks to match themselves. I would appreciate it. All the moms in the world would appreciate it. :)

Virginia Revoir said...

Well, congrats on losing weight! The best indicator is when your clothes start falling off. :D What kind of diet are you following? I'd love to know. I always follow comments after I've left one so if you leave one here, I'll see it. :D

Martha said...

Remember the "grow hair" doll that were around when we were kids? My sisters each had one. They were like the Rapunzels of the day.

Great job on the weight loss and exercise program. I wish you lived next door! If you are exercising when I decide to pop in, I promise not to laugh.

16 blessings'mom said...

Martha, those were Chrissy dolls. I had Baby Chrissy. Just got rid of her a few years ago...

Rebecca, the only good thing these days about socks is that mismatched ones are "in".

Virginia, I am not really following any special diet, just not eating all the junk, foregoing my daily chocolate fix, eating fruits and veggies instead of breads and potatoes...smaller meals, well-balanced snacks like an apple and a few almonds....and no snacking in the evening. THAT is hard when one lives in a house with seven kids who are 13 and older...they make the YUMMIEST things. Anyway, I also exercise. I walk the dog about a mile each morning, then go to the pool or do other exercises every afternoon.

Martha said...

Yes, Chrissy, but my one sister had Mia, with dark hair, and the other had a taller blond haired doll. They all reminded me of Rapunzel.