summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Sunday, May 15, 2011

rain on the house tops...

rain on the trees...rain on the garden, but not on me! I do not know who wrote that poem....but it isn't true anyway. Rosie and I take our walk rain or shine. So we got wet this morning.

She gets pooped out, comes home, has a snack, and zonks in her cage for a few hours.

I, on the other hand, get energized. I only walked the hill once this morning because there were tractors in the fields which intrigued the Bad Dog. She truly wants to pull my arm off, it is her main goal in life.

To church this morning we shall go. We are eating lunch together so I have to go pack that up, get out clean nice clothes for the younger children, and give emotional support to a handful of the middle children...(oh, those girls! They come out in these outfits which I have to approve of - they get so stompy if I mention that something doesn't really match or if it is too immodest....)

Camille slept in the room with the older kids last night, sleepover on the floor. She is just waking up, so I guess she did okay. I got up at 6:30 to go on my walk...it seems to be my time to get up. If I lie in bed longer, my hips will ache, my arm will fall asleep, I will toss and turn, then perhaps fall back to sleep after a long while and wake up feeling worse than I would if I just got up at 6:30.

Stepped on the scale yesterday even though it had only been five days...lost only a half a pound. Stepped on again this morning...blah, still only half a pound. Shall I just give up and gain back my 15 pounds? NO!!!! I am still motivated to see this thing through. It is discouraging, because when I figure out how long it will take me to lose all this weight (a year or more), I factor in a pound or two or three a week...and when it doesn't happen, blah. wah. On the bright side, at least I didn't GAIN a half a pound. I shall just work harder. (One of my friends, who at her heaviest is way smaller than I shall probably be even if I lose tons of weight told me that she started going on walks, didn't even change her eating habits, and 30 pounds just melted off...rrr) I want 30 pounds to just melt off. A few times over, please. But...day by day, I shall keep on.

(I almost had a brownie last night, but I ate one crumb instead....a large crumb, not quite a bite...it was yummy.)

Oh well...on with my day now....

1 comment:

Joni said...

You are doing the right thing with the walks and eating right- so frustrating when it doesn't just 'melt off' as it does with some people, I know, but you are an encouragement to me because you are persevering!! Your determination is so great! You WILL continue to have results. Sometime tho you do just the same thing every day, one week you may lose much more than another week. But you are right- at least it did not go up!! Keep it up!!