summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

nice sunny day...

Warm weather, sunshine....what I have been craving all winter is finally here. Today is supposed to be a really nice day. Starting tomorrow, more thunderstorms and possible rain, but today is supposed to be nice.

And today I am planning to stay home. Until early evening, then we shall go to Jonathan's elementary chorus concert. After that we shall go on an adventure. We are thinking Domino's Pizza. We have some Buy one Get one Free coupons...

And we are thinking a park we have never been to....just for fun.

Then tomorrow, more shopping for the grille....

Things I have been thinking about...

Feelings. I get my poor feelings hurt so easily. I hate being so vulnerable, but I think it serves a purpose: I strive not to make anyone feel bad. When I feel hurt, or offended, I really try to take a minute or two or a hundred to think about things. I do not want to return evil for evil, and most of the time, the person was not even aware they "hurt" me. Having a hard heart towards someone because of these things is not only stupid, but it is certainly ungodly.

Fairness. I do not believe in fairness. I would go crazy if I always tried to make everything fair around here. I love my kids, but sometimes one gets something and another doesn't. If I hear that it Isn't Fair, I just console the complainer with, No, it Isn't Fair. But sometimes YOU get special things, too. So...I always can pick something up for someone while out shopping without thinking I have to get something for the whole crowd.

Sharing. I don't believe in hoarding things for oneself. But. I do overlook some things. One child really likes Nutella, buys it with his own money, keeps it in a secret place. It is too expensive to have on hand for all of them all of the time, and if he likes it so much, shouldn't he be able to have it? rrr, it is hard for me. I did buy a big jar of it for $4.79 yesterday and told the kids it was for all of them. Guess what they all ate for breakfast? Uh-huh. At least the bread was whole-grain. On Joseph's birthday, I bought him a two pound container of fresh strawberries. I asked him to give everyone just one (about half of them), then encouraged him to bring the rest to his room, if he wanted to enjoy them. Sonja also got strawberries for her birthday. She made a huge label for them, and ate as many as she wanted for a few days....she did give out a few....but she LOVES strawberries, and it isn't everyday around here one can have as much of something as one wants. (I have to hide my Balance bars in my room, or they would be gone in a day...and for me right now, it is so nice to know I have those around so when I go out and about, I can have something healthy instead of giving in to eating junk)

I guess in these things it is like in 2 Corinthians 3, "The letter kills but the spirit gives life..." There can't be hard and fast rules for everything, but to instill in the kids to THINK of the others, and to share in general.

I always tell the kids that when they share it makes what they have taste yummier.

It will make their hearts happy to see their brothers and sisters happy.

So, I got out of bed once again at the early hour of sixish. blah. I wanted to go back to sleep SO badly today. But I knew it was going to be warm today, and walking in the morning is better than sweating in the afternoon. I do not use an alarm clock, I only use one if I have to get up in the middle of the night to go to the airport or something. I automatically wake up at sixish these days, it started when I decided to do my walking in the morning. I am cursed, cannot sleep 'til seven anymore. I cannot talk myself out of going on those walks, which is a good thing, I guess. Although I do give myself a pretty good argument sometimes....

I talked to my dear husband last night, he called late and I thought perhaps he forgot about me. He said he had to call because he didn't want to get in trouble. ha, I'll give him trouble. He did not forget about me. I could tell. It is a nice thing to be in love. Even after all these years....more so as the years go by. I do not know about anyone else's marriage, but I know that mine has gotten better and better and that it has been worth every single suffering...I do not regret any of the times I have battled my own sin and forgiven and been longsuffering and have gone the extra mile to straighten things out and been the one to give in and say sorry. I do regret the times it has take me so long to just let things go and be good to him...those times I thought he was being a certain way so I was a certain way back....blah. Holding onto perceived injustices in one's mind is VERY stupid. Those thoughts cannot be allowed to grow and thrive and take up residence! Seriously, when I begin to think of how I think I should be treated better, then I think of how I treat him..oooh, room for improvement! We are together in this battle against sin, not against each other!

And now I must feed the monsters...I mean The Princesses, of course.

No comments: