summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, May 14, 2011

lovely relaxing day

Every night, we have to count how many people will be here for dinner. I usually start with the number 18, which is all of us counting Ashley minus Ben....then I minus Emily, but tonight Abigail is here. And Jake and Olivia. So that makes 18. Aaron is at work, but we make him a plate anyway. I grilled some London broil that we marinated since yesterday, and cooked up some hot dogs. We had green beans, some leftover pasta and mashed potatoes, and a nice big salad. I did eat too much steak, but it was SO good. I figure it is my splurge. One teaspoon of potatoes, lots of salad, lots of green beans...but now Mali is making brownies...the whole house will smell so heavenly soon....but this is my life, I cannot restrict everyone else around here just because I am DIETING. It builds character. ha. I shall have one very small taste, or maybe a big taste. blah.

I took a nap today. It was a much needed nap. We stayed up too late last night, and I woke up early and went on my walk. Then I also did my 20 minutes of exercise....then around 3:00, I was just so dozey, I gave in and cuddled up in bed for a bit. Do I even have to say how nice it was? I do love naps. I hate the time they waste, but oh, I have a deeply rooted love of sleep. I have been deprived of it so much for the last 26 years or so, I just find it delicious

We are watching the movie, "Matilda". I love it.

And now I am too distracted...oh blah, Kathryn just got out some cookies. .

No comments: