summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, July 6, 2012

coffee coffee coffee....

Yes, Cindy, we go through a lot of coffee. We buy the big bags of Berkely&Jensen stuff at BJ's, and the small cans from Wegman's. Aaron likes Starbucks, so he always has a bag of that. (when he's making a pot, I always ask him to add a cup for me). We go through half and half like crazy, it is our guilty pleasure. Not a necessity, yet...oh, so good.

Today Emily and Mirielle and Margaret and Evelyn and Suzanne are going hiking at the Glen with some girls from church. Joseph and Aaron and Mali and Sam and Kathryn are doing something else, don't know what yet. Paul and I and Sonja and Jonathan and Char and Camille are going to our friends' house to go in their pool. Abigail will join us after work.

It is hot already, 85 degrees, going up to 97. I took my lonely walk, I miss my Rosie. Suri is not ready for long walks yet. She is doing well though. She sits when told to, when I catch her chewing on the rug and tell her to stop, she stops immediately and goes and lies down. She is really a little people pleaser, so happy and spunky.

Last night, Paul took Kathryn, Suzanne, Jonathan and I to a minor league baseball game. It was so much fun! It was perfect weather. Small city America at it's finest. The boy who sang the National Anthem had C.P., I think, he was in a wheelchair. It made me cry my eyes out - it was lovely. Then we all stood up at the seventh inning and sang, "Take Me Out To The Ballgame...". We had cotton candy and Paul got nachos and popcorn for the kids. It really was a good time.

Paul and I and a few of the boys are going to a wedding tomorrow. I don't have anything to wear. I am considering taking Joseph up to the mall really quick so he can get a pair of nice pants and I can maybe find something ugly on the clearance rack, ha.

Swanson Kitty is so sweet. She is getting used to Suri, who just wants to play and be friends. I was hoping that would happen, so she won't get frightened into having her kittens off in the woods somewhere. As Margaret says, "Our house is turning into a zoo!"

2 comments:

cheryl said...

I have been at Claire's job so much, passing the time with Solitaire and Facebook.. so when I read this post I tried to click "Like".. Anyhoo, I did like it.. have fun a the pool, stay cool!

Cindy @ Marriedtothemilitary {dot} net said...

lol, I can only imagine your coffee consuption, I only have two of us, and our pot only makes 8 cups, it is never enough.